Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #54544 by Chocs
;)
chocs 8-)

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #54545 by
Sorry, Chocs .. not prepared to post pics and let the whole wide world know what's in my shed, unlike many people. This forum, and the info on it, is readily available to anyone.
I won't post pics of my home, family, or the contents of my shop, on the net.

There's too many scumbags out there, all to ready to line up a raid on ya, as coupeute has found out.
My mate doesn't even advertise his engineering business with any signs .. it just encourages the p$##@s to break in, and help themselves to $10,000 worth of very expensive machine tools.
His hot-rod building neighbour, had a very expensive ($600,000 they were talking), early GT Falcon, knocked off one night. They just ignored the alarms and cut their way in, and drove it out.

I'm utterly amazed at how much info some people put up on the 'net. A full list of everything they own under their signature .. it's like a shopping list to scumbags.

I used to have a yard in an area where break-ins happened every week. Would have lost my ute one night if I hadn't pulled the rotor out and hid it. As it was, they got what few tools were locked in the ute.
They didn't get into my seatainer because I had a bolt-cutter proof padlock on it. They had boltcutters, they nicked them from another business, that's how they cut the big chain on my gate.

I'm in a much better area now, a cul-de-sac, lots of dogs around, live-in yardman next door. Haven't lost much in the 10 years I've been there.
There are still a dozen suspicious vehicles who cruise past every week, gawking in the shop door .. even though the laneway between the units is a dead end!
Some are genuinely lost, some are looking for units to rent .. but some, I've kept their number plates on record!! My big red toolbox stays out of the line-of-sight, of open doorway gawkers!!

As Joe, my truck mechanic neighbour says .. if ya keep plenty of junk laying around .. they don't think you've got anything worth stealing! .. ;D ;D

More
12 years 10 months ago #54546 by Chocs
i think ya right Ron
i don't think i'll share anything with anyone anymore
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #54547 by Kenny K125
Chocks, I will stick my projects up.. Its stalled for the moment waiting for more funds.. but here it is anyway..

Laz

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #54548 by
Well done onetrack and choc's what started off as a great topic is now wrecked.

First by onetrack off topic post then choc going and removing his posts. Now causing this topic and it's posts make little or no sense.

If you are concerned about security make sure background of pics don't have anything identifiable or anything important in them (refer to assessors truck in the quarry). Blank out number plates if you wish. Items like trucks and many of my item are in the public domain everyday! As is the web. Remember this also.

More
12 years 10 months ago #54549 by Chocs
Dont get too carried away JB
if i choose to remove my postings to suitably modify the photographic content....
i think that would be my choice...as it was when i posted them in the first place!
If my pics were the only thing keeping this topic alive..it might have been running a bit thin in the first place..
They'll be back..when modified to a secure standard
chocs 8-)

• Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #54550 by
I never really intended for this thread to be anything but fun , i love to look at what other people are up too, after all "variety is the spice of life" i understand if folks dont want to post pic,s of there shed up here, thats up to the individual, there's certainly blokes with more to loose than me , but i have a good safe spot for my gear, and most of it isnt worth pinching , i don't advertise my address , plus my house is protected by shotgun 5 days a week, its up to the bandits to guess which 5 ;) i hope folks still post there projects
Cheers Adam

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #54551 by GM Diesel
Howdy fellas,

Amount of c$#p ive got someone could break in pinch half of it and I wouldnt notice :D :D
Forgot about this project in the wings 8-)

Basil

And offcoarse the Tranny is still in progress...nearly there 8-)

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by GM Diesel.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #54552 by ray
I know I have put this up elsewhere in the forum but here is my current ongoing project, a Hyster Straddle truck dating from the early "50's" and the next one fortunately is a lot smaller. It is a Royal Enfield motorbike. The difference with this one is that it is a factory diesel powered one.

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by ray.

Time to create page: 0.603 seconds