Skip to main content

Bedford Truck E series specifications - 1968-1982

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #62698 by bparo
I have the same memory of busses running around the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne in the late 1970's / early 1980's but I thought they had Leyland badges. Still that could be right for a body manufacturer. I was more interested in things that ran on rails (preferably steam) in those days than smelly diseasal anything :D

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by bparo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #62699 by
I've found another little news item from 7 April 1956, where Rover (Australia) took a substantial shareholding in Pressed Metal Corporation, just prior to Rover giving PMC a contract to assemble Landrovers.

From "The Argus" - 7th April 1956 ..

"Rover, Ltd. U.K., makers of Rover cars and Landrovers, will invest

More
10 years 11 months ago #62700 by CJ
I wonder if anyone managed to download all of the above information sheets?

I tried, and was unable to download the following pages:

Does anyone have them and is able to forward them to me or upload them somewhere?

Information on these trucks is really hard to come by, so if I can organise the complete set, I will put them up for hosting.

HELP!

Christopher

More
10 years 11 months ago #62701 by Andy Wright
Hi Christopher

I've been looking for them too for my website, Bedford Trucks Worldwide, (got so many half-finished projects for it!) but no luck so far.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
10 years 11 months ago #62702 by CJ
Here you all go. Glad I could send something back to everyone.

All 11 items (converted to PDF) in my Dropbox folder.

www.dropbox.com/sh/ch5gad8b9j2aw38/fmsgVoauS3

CJ

More
7 years 2 months ago #179668 by fjwb
Does anyone have some fresh, working links to the info provided in attachments on this thread?

More
7 years 2 months ago #179810 by IHScout
fjwb - It doesn't look like any of the users in this thread have ben active for several years. You could try sending them a Private Message and hope that they have set up to get email notifications. The dropbox link CJ refers to would have only been active for 30 days. This is the website Andy refers to in his post

Dennis

More
7 years 2 months ago #179816 by PDU
Also, for what it's worth (not much!?), I worked at GMH from 1966 until 1987, for a year at the Woodville South Australian plant when I started my apprenticeship, and thereafter at the Elizabeth plant for the next twenty years. During that time I never recall seeing any Bedford bodies being assembled within the plants. :dry:

More
7 years 2 months ago #179842 by mammoth
I think the Bedfords were assembled in a Sydney plant specially set up for that purpose.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179854 by Pierre
A little off topic, but while we are talking about GMH & Outsourced Assembly Plants, anyone got any photo of a K model Bedford body being fitted to the imported UK chassis?
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds