Skip to main content

INT CM1300 Metro Van Wheel tyre dilemma

More
12 years 7 months ago #64592 by Capitano1300
Hey Guys, How are we all today? As you may have noticed, I have a International 1971 CM1300 Metro Van that is currently being modified into a retro mr whippy type Project.

One of the main goals is to fit 16-17 inch white wall 100 plus spoke chrome/gold lowrider rims, to complete the lowrider look along with the airbag suspension.
We do not want the dually wheels or rim options available, and have seen many SUV wire wheel options that Im hoping would have similar load bearing?? The hurdle we are trying to overcome would be whether to either convert axles weather be custom fabricated, or attach custom 5/6 lug adapter plates or other?? Can you please advise what options would be available, legal or otherwise?

Currently the van is running 7.50 R16LT 8 lug wheels, with a max load of 1450 kg, with dual rear. (see pics attached) The front guards still have plenty of clearance, but the dual rear is currently inline with the guards, which if poses a problem, will rework the guards accordingly.

Looking forward to some interesting responses on this one :D

Cheers

JT

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #64593 by wgipps
Are you going to be carrying a load? If not, then do what you need to do with the wheels/tyres and get the load capacity re-done by an engineer. If you are going to be loading it up, i too would like to see what options comes out of this - id like to do something with my D Series wheels.

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

More
12 years 7 months ago #64594 by Capitano1300
Heya wgipps, mate not carrying anymore than say 70kg tops, just clothing items etc. Thanks heaps for your advice mate.and yeah your beast would look awesome with some different option wheels :D

12 years 7 months ago #64595 by
Word of advice before doing to many $$ & look calculations talk to an engineer because they are the ones that are going to have to sign of on it if you are going to have the vehicle de rated to cope with wire wheels.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds