WW2 Dodge power wagon restro

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67626 by TC
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by TC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67627 by Lang
Mate,

What you have there is the last of the early WW2 1/2 ton weapon carriers - not a Power Wagon. Looks very original in the engine bay. The date of delivery is on the plate, 20 January 1942. The 7.50X16 wheels are original. The 3/4 ton and Power Wagon had 9.00X16.

These are great machines to drive - much lighter and more nimble than either the 3/4 ton weapon carrier which replaced your model or the post-war civilian power Wagon.

The engine number will start with T215 if it is original or T214 if out of the later 3/4 ton (1942 onward - yours is the last of the 1/2 tonners). It could be any of the Dodge, Plymouth, DeSoto, Fargo short block motors of the period if it has been replaced as they all just drop straight in.

Axle bits may be harder to get as they only had 2 pinion diffs.

Lang
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Lang.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67628 by TC
Replied by TC on topic Re: WW2 Dodge power wagon restro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_WC_series#WC3.2C_WC13.2C_WC21
This page has more info facts & data I learn somthing every day. TC ;D

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67629 by Lang
I can't read the model on the plate due to shine off the flash but almost certainly it is WC21 because the date is in the last couple of months of 1/2 ton production. WC has nothing to do with the words Weapon Carrier it was just next in the Chrysler model series after VC which proceeded it.

For info my truck is the WC53 3/4 ton station wagon version the "Carryall" on the Wikipedia details page.

Lang
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Lang.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67630 by TC
Thanks for your time Lang there are several dodges in this blokes colection even a 6x6 all working condition but need various jobs doing that usualy have a knock on efect we are gradualy working our way through them as they are needed for events or displays around the area .
They suffer from lack of a good floging to keep things free & working as we run out of time & the gunna list gets longer .
We are on brakes & steering at the moment re sleaving cylinders in stainless new seals linings ect at 1 day a week its a big day & never ending as once they are back on line another then takes it place .
It keeps a pair of old farts out of the club for a day & a week to regrow the bark thats usualy knocked of on these relics .
When one dose a 2000 k trip without dramas its worth the trouble .
TC ;D

More
12 years 5 months ago #67631 by Lang
TC,

I certainly have the workshop manuals for every military Dodge if you need info.

Lang

More
12 years 5 months ago #67632 by TC
Thanks Lang I just got an Email back from Steve at the power wagon site so we are on the job now for the missing bits I sent him the data & attachments for ID so looks like we are away .
Thanks for the info on manuals you have we do have some paperwork & its just straight forward stuff just got to turn up a mandrel to mount the bushes & seals & get the paws dirty again .
I like stuff I can download & print out & then put greasy hands on found more last night in images I can screen shot & print from here
www.oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/Dodg...42/Service/index.htm
TC ;D

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds