Skip to main content

Information From old Rego Plate Numbers

More
15 years 1 month ago #7964 by monty
Hi all Wise one's

i have recently acquired an old picture of my truck, and it still has the old rego plate, is there any way of finding any more information from that from the RTA? the rego No is FSC271 it was last registered in 1987 any help would be appreciated thanks.

-Monty ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7965 by bparo
In Victoria The RTA (or vicroads) won't give you information due to 'privacy legislaton' The Association Of Motoring Clubs ( www.aomc.asn.au/ ) has the old VicRoads records but the owner details are removed.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 1 month ago #7966 by kaslkaos
Actually, VicRoads do have all previous registration records and they will release them provided you fill in teh right form and pay the appropriate fee.
Seem Privacy Legislation can be overridden for cold hard cash!

15 years 1 month ago #7967 by
Believe it depends on how far back you need to goto.

The Association of Motoring Clubs has all the paper records from vicroads prior to computerisation. Going by the AOMC website they have records from about 1910 to the early 1980's. But the records may not be complete as the computer system was gradually put in from the late 1970's.

www.aomc.asn.au/eng®records.htm

Obviously Vicroads would have computerised some of these records. Esentually if the vehicle was still registered.

As your vehicle was last registered in 1987 I think it would be likely that Vicroads would have it on the computer system. So suggest you have a chat with Vicroads.

15 years 1 month ago #7968 by
only problem is JB is that Monty is in NSW (Dubbo area) i belive but he could try the RTA or therte group who wrok for the clubs . Dave

15 years 1 month ago #7969 by
Ah. Missed that fact Deadly! Like you mention the NSW equivalents should be able to assist.

The NSW RTA would also have had a change over period to computers also. But I would expect that his truck should be in the computer system being that it was last registered in 1987.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7970 by monty
Thanks Fellas ;)

More
15 years 1 month ago #7971 by Sarge
Monty.... good luck. I have used my best persuasive skills as well as my superman suit and got nothing more than I knew already.

If you are lucky the file will have the previous/original rego number and they may give you that... they may confirm some details you have guessed at.

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

15 years 1 month ago #7972 by
Now if it had come from the mother country (England) you pay a small fee and go to the Beaulie motor museum and give them your eng number and chassis and in return they will give info like who was first sold too and other info. Dave

More
15 years 1 month ago #7973 by SAFirey
Good luck with VICROADS they can't even find info on my Pink Panther :'(

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds