Me nose the xact problem
it
iz
caused
by
the loose nut
Behind the wheel

LOL

ButEyeDo...............................................

cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #8149 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Noisy truck
It being an ACCO a few loose nuts are expected, I made a double boot for the gear stick, works OK, the original outer cover has shrunk so will be replacing that, but not the source, because I have got the noise level down I fitted a radio and can hear it, (real good when stopped)... I will add insulation under the bonnett and go for some fluffy high fire risk padding under the engine cover (add it to the two blanket layer on top).... then its off with the exhaust...

Sarge :-X (work stops me doing what I want to do)

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 11 months ago #8150 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Noisy truck
Had the angle grinder in my hand today, cord reached as far as the truck so chopped the exhaust back about five feet, it changed the noise range and the volume is down a little, it also revealed that the exhaust is very loose at the manifold.... that goes with the crack I found in the cross member supporting the gear box last week (that was when I finaly found the broken wire on the two speed)

It is all progress...

Atkipete .. what you said about the air intake... my books dont show where the snorkle should/would go to, did it extend to the radiator to pick up warm air... mine is not fitted, the 3inch pipe on the aircleaner looks down at the injector pump.

In any case I am still to insulate under the bonnet which is where the noise sounds like it comes from some time.

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 11 months ago #8151 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Noisy truck
Gday Sarge,
I think that is correct for the Perkins, the V8 Cummins had it at the back of the cab. If you have a close look at the photos on page 31 of my ACCO book you will see it there.
If the exhaust is loose at the manifold that is likely to be the main source of your noise. It may also have blown the gasket there.
Cheers Pete

More
14 years 11 months ago #8152 by ozfarm
Replied by ozfarm on topic Re: Noisy truck
your racket is coming from the intake

get some hose and let it suck outside

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds