Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 days ago #8537 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Guy & Chev4

More
15 years 5 days ago #8538 by wouldyou
Hello, Discovered the motor was in Gardner works June 55 so would be new in 56. 4Lk motor 3.8 ltr 57 hp@ 2100 rpm. Unit on side is G Well bag loader, ground to tray. On back of truck is arm for open bags to bulk bin.
!927 Chev, incorrect s/h 700/20 tyres, originally 30x5, bumpers came out in 1928 so front guards had suffered. David.

More
15 years 4 days ago #8539 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: Guy & Chev4
Couple of beauties.

Dennis

More
15 years 2 days ago #8540 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Guy & Chev4
I'll second that - superb. Love the Guy.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 1 day ago #8541 by Zombie_Truck
Replied by Zombie_Truck on topic Re: Guy & Chev4
Beautiful!

More
14 years 11 months ago #8542 by wouldyou
Thanks for the comments re Guy.I did it Feb to October 2002 down to bare chassis, it had been farm water carting and by the corrosion on aluminium parts on motor apparently ended up with brackish water in radiator. both tanks had holes and water galleries between block and heads were replaced with copper plumbing fittings. I fitted a radiator ex Fiat tractor-had it cleaned at shop- but it is not quite good enough and I let it get too hot resulting in a piston grabbing so now have a knock. Parts are hard to get for this motor but now have another motor which has two good pistons. The big end is too wide to go up the bore, down the way the piston is still in bore by 1/2 in when against crankshaft so will have to get motor out-front cross member unbolts-and lift block off crankcase. After helping a professional panel and paint man with the '38 Nash was able to bring cabin back to what it is myself. David.

14 years 11 months ago #8543 by
Replied by on topic Re: Guy & Chev4
Can i have the GUY would look great with the grey ghost on it's back. Dave

More
14 years 11 months ago #8544 by wouldyou
Dave, Presuming your Grey Ghost is a Bedford you might be quicker driving it. The neighbour I got the Guy from said "I'd like to see it when you have finished it but don't ask me to go anywhere with you" He moved away and has not seen it. We had a HR5 Lanz and Two ton Caterpiller on the back, about 5 tons and towing a caravan took 2 hrs 10 mins to get 90 k's and its flat around here. David
PS Can I post a Bedford story?

More
14 years 11 months ago #8545 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Guy & Chev4
Bedford stories (and any old truck story for that matter) are most welcome. Don't listen to what the others might say!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds