Skip to main content

International AB 110

More
14 years 11 months ago #8839 by haribo
International AB 110 was created by haribo
hello, i have a ab110 and i have a problem to take the backwheel(drum) of.can somebody help me?

what is a save way?i have take the nut of but now. somebody up on the station say heat up white the oxy?

thanks for the help ronny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 11 months ago #8840 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: International AB 110

ronny
GuddayM8
NO No No
no oxy
Unajust the brakes,
back m all the way off
could B the worn lip inside the drum restricting the drum slideing off
I aint upto speed with 110 but there could B a cupla countersunk screws holding drum on to drive axle a light tap on the drum in a cupla places could loosen/free the culprit up

ButEyeDoSt&2BCorrected

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 11 months ago #8841 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: International AB 110
Gday Ronny,
If the drum has slight movement outwards the shoes are catching and as Swishy says make sure they are backed right off. If there is no movement at all it may be held on by grubscrews or just rusted to the hub. In this case spray RP7 around the centre bit, let it soak in and try again a few hours later. If this fails you can use a bit of heat from oxy ie not even red hot or working around the outside with a slide hammer. Be careful because if you crack the drum you will have trouble getting another one. Also make sure it is jacked up real securely while you are doing this.
Cheers Pete

More
14 years 11 months ago #8842 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: International AB 110
IF its a tapered axle like my AL110, I made up a puller out of a Valiant wheel, with a captured nut across centre hole. Mount rim as usual, then tighten up bolt throught captured nut onto axle end{ i used 24mm coarse thread bolt}. When bolt is tight on the axle end, hit the bolt head & drum should slide off taper. Holden made a tool for this job on FJ's. A photo of this is under this user name on www.oldihc.org . There are a lot of sorry stories about cracked brake drums :'(. Not sure on axle type on AB's but I hope this help sombody. Dave

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds