Skip to main content

Dodge Pick up Truck Help needed for rebuild

11 years 2 months ago #108044 by
Thats an ideal spot for your jack, safety triangles, wheel brace and any other small items like tow rope, jumper leads, small tool boxes good idea.

Now looking at the picture above the LH wheel looks real close to the arch, do you still have to cut that away.

scratcha

Jeez theres some talented fellas about! Wish thet lived a bit closer to my shed .

Your bloody shed is to far from anywhere bloody long way over to the gully and back.

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #108045 by Bugly

Ok so I'm looking for an idea or two here... Below Is a pic of the gap I have in the tray each side of the exhaust, its about 425mm wide and 160mm deep, I was going to make a little toolbox for each side with an opening door, does anyone have any better ideas???

Fire hoses in the left locker, and branches in the right. A ladder on a rack over the top. Water tank in the back with a pump. ;D ;D

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

11 years 2 months ago #108046 by
Bugly

You forgot to add make it RED .

Trevor

More
11 years 2 months ago #108047 by swamprat
the stepside beds on the dodges were originally bolted through the top flanges of the chassis , these chassis flex a lot so dont put to many mounts or it may stress your new tub , let it float a bit ,

D1510 International 4wd 6BT cummins power steer

More
11 years 2 months ago #108048 by clubswede
Ok, thanks for the replies guys, ill stick with th toolbox idea, not sure I wanna turn it into a fire truck... Lol below are a couple of pics of widened wheel arches sort of sitting in place... And the wheel arches on the tray still need to b cut out, they were just cut that way for side assembly. Mr jigsaw will reshape to the correct dimensions...
Still thinkin of changing colours too...

More
11 years 1 month ago #108049 by clubswede
Thanks for that swamprat, ill b leavin those frame rails alone, I did a few calcs the other day and realized that the 6 mounting points I have a more than adequate to support that tray. I didn't calc torsional stresses based on any weight being in there, but ill do that before too long n may have to go the side bolting option through the frame rail with a nice l shaped bracket.

More
11 years 1 month ago #108050 by Mrsmackpaul
there's no doubt about it your a pretty crafty bugger there clubswede you just seem to be stitching this tub together out of thin air love it you put me to shame that's for certain keep up the good work and the photo's regards Paul [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #108051 by Bugly
Hey clubswede - anything further on this? Been more than 12 months now!! :-?

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds