Skip to main content

Inter 354 lc engine

More
14 years 11 months ago #9393 by Rob F
Inter 354 lc engine was created by Rob F
I have an old 354 v8 for sale . been out of action for quite a while when i got it .I got it running and it seemed quite healthy. I have no use for it and would be a shame to see it rust away.Has a 5 speed box attached of unknown origin
Any offers
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9394 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine
where are you? and do you have a price range in mind?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 11 months ago #9395 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine

I have an old 354 v8 for sale . been out of action for quite a while when i got it .I got it running and it seemed quite healthy. I have no use for it and would be a shame to see it rust away.Has a 5 speed box attached of unknown origin
Any offers
Rob

Rob,

Would it fit into a AB180 International???

Joe

More
14 years 11 months ago #9396 by Rob F
Replied by Rob F on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine
Sth coast nsw near Bega, as for price I thought $300 ?

More
14 years 11 months ago #9397 by wgipps
Replied by wgipps on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine
Excuse my ignorance but is this an Inter 345 with a typo or is there an older Inter 354 engine as well? Whats the LC stand for?

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

More
14 years 11 months ago #9398 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine
G'day all, I am far from an International expert, but I would agree with Mr Gipps and say it's a 345 cubic inch unit with the "LC" designation meaning possibly " low compression.. " ..maybe? or maybe not...
Harleigh.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9399 by Rob F
Replied by Rob F on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine
You got it Harleigh ,excuse my dislexia it is indeed 345 low compession and as for what it will fit into, It came out of my AB 110 .It was abit of a squeeze and had some small nicks taken out of chassis to fit the exhausts so i guess it will fit anythig bigger than that

More
14 years 11 months ago #9400 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine

You got it Harleigh ,excuse my dislexia it is indeed 345 low compession and as for what it will fit into, It came out of my AB 110 .It was abit of a squeeze and had some small nicks taken out of chassis to fit the exhausts so i guess it will fit anythig bigger than that

Rob,

That 345 will fit into a AB180 piss easy! If it came from a AB110, the AB180 (according to AtkiPete's ACCO book) is from the same family of truck hence the engine will simpy slide into the AB180!

Now, as per Harleigh, I ain't a International expert but I know a little bit - enough to keep me outta trouble!
Joe

More
14 years 11 months ago #9401 by wgipps
Replied by wgipps on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine
A running 345 with a 5 speed sounds really good - especially for the price tag. Whats the significance of a low compression engine? Are they better on fuel economy? Do they have more grunt? What are they about?

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #9402 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Inter 354 lc engine
low compression 345 ci V8 .. the "advantage" of lc is less chance of pinging under load & back in the day cheaper fuel .. the inter V8s usually have sodium filled exh valves as well they are tough and well built but are a very lazy performer .. give me a dodge 318 any day
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by kennymopar2.

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds