Skip to main content

Selling 1947 KB 6 International

More
10 years 7 months ago #121054 by Pop
I am selling a 1947 KB 6 International,
The body is straight, it has surface rust on heaps of it but only a small amount of cancer rust in the passenger side door.
There is a spare nose with 60 of the front Stainless Steel strips, each nose takes 30 each.

3 x 233 Motors and 3 x Gearboxes, one handbrake assembly. 2 x Sets of Head lights, 2 x Dash Gauges, 2 x Radiators. The chassis has been sandblasted and painted. There is a set of glass with the centre windscreen piece. A few starter motors, generators. A foot pedal assembly with Master cylinder. There is a spare Bonnet, both have the chrome work, and KB 6 badges.

If you have any queries feel free to contact me (Alex) on 0424 024 086 or alex@alexsimmons.com.au

The motors and gearboxes are on a couple of pallets. I can load them with a forklift either onto the back of the KB 6 for Tilt Tray transporting or into whatever you bring.

The Truck is located in Bendigo, Victoria.

I have researched the amounts other people have been accepting for their KB 6's, I believe $5500 is a fair price! But I am willing to accept $4800

Below is a quote from a KB6 owner, From an old truck forum

"G'day, I also have a KB6 with 6 stud bud wheels. I was told by the old bloke I bought it off that only about a dozen or so of these came to Australia. The body on mine is in reasonable condition but the engine was taken out about 40 years ago by his son to hot rod it but that 's where it stopped. I have the original engine which is not running. The truck is in the queue for restoration. I have an old 1947 Freighter 32' bogie trailer I would like to fit to it. From what I could find out with my research is that most American KB6's with 6 stud bud wheels were buses. My truck has a Richards cab so would have come to Australia less the cab so it may have been originally destined to be a bus. Thats my thoughts anyway. Your truck would be a good rare truck if someone wants to buy it and spend the time and money to restore it. All the best."

This truck is advertised elsewhere and I reserve the right to remove this listing at anytime.

If you need shipping? I found what I reckon to be good prices with quality operators, $4000 to Perth, $1200 to Sydney, on a Tilt Tray, Door to Door, as long as you close to the City.

just remembered there is a spare left front guard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #121055 by
I would say the pics you have on here show to me the whole truck has been pulled apart and for the pics they have been placed back in place .???
Is the motor in it at the moment and what condition is the gauges in . Dave

More
10 years 7 months ago #121056 by Pop
Hi Dave, The Truck is how I bought it. There are more pics on the ebay ad, gauges, motors, if you want more pics I can do that, I don't know if the gauges work or how to test them. Cheers Alex.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds