Skip to main content

Ex Military Chev Blitz

More
10 years 9 months ago #122290 by faulkner
Just wondering what Ex Military Blitzs are bringing, Not 100% sure on year as im asking for family however it is inning. Any info would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #122291 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Ex Military Chev Blitz
Guess you mean "running", but without pictures it would not be possible to start offering opinions on value.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
10 years 9 months ago #122292 by kenny-mopar
a bit of topic but yesterday on a backroad on the mid north coast i had to look twice i seen one that has prob been sitting for 50 years ..looked like it had also sunk about 4ft into the ground .. was in a sad state(no i dont mean because its in nsw) but after so many years rusting away you could still determine what it was

More
10 years 9 months ago #122293 by ute253
Replied by ute253 on topic Re: Ex Military Chev Blitz
This is a link to a Monkey Face blitz on gumtree.

Look good in the photo but proof is in the pudding,

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/myrniong/heavy-f...ace-blitz/1022599107

Value would depend on condition, what sort of original features are still evident and the degree of modification these things usually have experienced.

As said before, a picture will help, they made heaps of them and there is still heaps out there too. :)

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

More
10 years 9 months ago #122294 by kw573
Replied by kw573 on topic Re: Ex Military Chev Blitz
I know of a driveble one that sold for $600 about a year ago. VERY subjective regards pricing.
Rusty, hasn't run for a long time, lots missing < or = scrap value. An occasional rust free cab turns up, but still may not fetch even $400.
70 years after WW2 there are still heaps of them around if you go looking. I'm told that there are still very good examples laying around in far western Qld.
So, they are worth nothing if not in reasonable condition.
That monkey face (No.11 Cab) on Gumtree is, in my opinion, worth 1/2 - 1/3 the asking price. It looks similar condition to the $600 one. But, the No.11 cab is more desirable to many. It does have a front fairlead.
My two bobs worth.
Sam. (not the Sam in the ad, obviously!!!)

WW2 Jeep (Daily Driver)
Diamond T 969 (Under restoration)
Kenworth 573 (Yard truck)
WW2 Water trailer
WW2 Blitz 3 ton GS dog trailer

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #122295 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Ex Military Chev Blitz
The Blitz (CMP Canadian Military Pattern) came in 3 different cab styles although mechanically they remained essentially unchanged throughout the war. Ford and Chevrolet were identical in appearance except for minor production method differences (they were different in many mechanical ways such as engines, gearboxes and axles)

The same cab was used from the little 8cwt 4x2 right up to the 6x6 version.

CAB 11 - fixed windscreen, early versions had no air vents later versions had vents added and the doors could be propped open.

CAB 12 - is a distinct production variant from CAB 11 - Windscreen can be opened (6" or so - hinged at top), doors can be propped open 6" or so with hooks, air vents in the front of the bonnet to let air in to the cab, bonnet changed to alligator style - later versions had a rectangular observers hatch let into the roof.

CAB 13 - the well known square blitz. Highly improved for driver comfort and engine access.

This is Cab 11 with difficult engine access and terrible feet room for the driver. Known as "Monkey Face"
[IMG

This is Cab12 with opening bonnet and improved features but still hot and cramped. Known as "Alligator Bonnet"
[IMG

This is the most common Cab13 with huge improvements and the major production numbers for WW2.
[IMG

Lang
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Lang.

More
10 years 9 months ago #122296 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Ex Military Chev Blitz
Thanks Lang, now I know what it is I'm looking at!! The Cab13 is a good looking truck, hey??

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds