Skip to main content

Diamond T steering Box

More
10 years 8 months ago #124885 by To a T
Gidday, looking for a P3320 manual steering box and drag link. I will convert to power at a later date but want to register and play later. Mine was converted to air power steer but all rams need to be completely rebuilt or built. Took to a few air/hydraulic places but through their hands in the air and claimed too old and too expensive.Has air actuated drag link but need solid one to replace. Talking with few old mates and they reckon these were a failure.
Is there a difference between Cummins powered and Detroit powered models?
Will be used as a weekend warrior so can adapt to armstrong steer.
Is a learning curve.
Thanks David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124886 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Diamond T steering Box
there is a box on the inside of the chassis ,which is standard for the original petrol engine , also 160 cummins , or if a 471 GMis fitted, then there is a box on the out side of the chassis , which has to be used for 6V53 detriot and 180 supercharged cummins engines..... what engine do you have in your truck, as now might be a good time to fit a power steering from a late model as good original boxes are made from unobtanium ::)
its is good to see some P model Diamond T trucks on the drawing board ..... have you got any pics

More
10 years 8 months ago #124887 by To a T
Replied by To a T on topic Re: Diamond T steering Box
Melon,
It has a 175 turbo Cummins. She is a converted 160. Box is on inside of rail. If I could get a good box and throw it on just to get blue slip then convert. The box works good but like everything of this era just has alot wear in the bushes. Are parts available? Have to look into this when (if) I get time. It has the brackets of the left rail for the air ram and was thinking of putting a T line set up on it later. These had the ram on the left side.
David

More
10 years 8 months ago #124888 by To a T
Melon, Tried to sort out photos but gave up in disgust. Did the Photobucket thing,got photos there but can't seem to get photo's from there to here.Am missing something. Need advice. You know what they say-if it hasn't got a steering wheel and gearstick forget it.
David

More
10 years 8 months ago #124889 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Diamond T steering Box

Melon, Tried to sort out photos but gave up in disgust. Did the Photobucket thing,got photos there but can't seem to get photo's from there to here.Am missing something. Need advice. You know what they say-if it hasn't got a steering wheel and gearstick forget it.
David

Dave ... help is at hand!!

1. Upload the photo to photobucket
2. In photobucket click on the little photo to make it bigger
3. To the right of the big photo click on the 'IMG' code
4. Paste the 'IMG' link from photobucket to your forum post.
5. Bingo ... photo in HCVC forum post!!

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 8 months ago #124890 by To a T
Hope this works
[IMG
[IMG

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124891 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Diamond T steering Box
It worked!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Nice truck!!

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Bugly.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124892 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Diamond T steering Box
Nice Truck Mate, I've only got a power steering set up for one here which won't just bolt up unless you have a column, and if you were going to that much trouble you may as well put an integral box off something else on it.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124893 by beestings62
I have one I can get my hands on will have to check it out give me a call 0415085250

More
10 years 8 months ago #124894 by beestings62
Hi dave phone died lost number found a box give me a call mate cheers

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds