LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11447 by Cunning Stunt
You're right Swishy. There have been a few guys that have commented on here as to the difficulty in obtaining parts for them. There are plenty of old cabs on farms and such, normally as the truck failed rego due to smoke and they were just parked up. Hard to believe that they stopped producing them around 40 years ago and all the spare parts are gone. I chased new rings and pistons etc for around 5 years so that I could rebuild my motor and out of the eight knocker donks I had, only one was a super clean example. My new motor should be here around Christmas and it has been a long time coming but that along with new 5 speed crash box and a new higher speed diff centre should make it into the truck I've been after.

We tried to have pistons made by all of the Ausi manufacturers and even in the UK but they are so unique that we got laughed at. As for the bloke in WA, I emailed him before he ended the first auction and he was happy to part out the truck because some clown offered him a fortune for the knocker that (as he put it) resembled a Stanley Steamer.................As Deadly said, obviously in touch with his Pommy truck side, the guy is a Dreamer thinking that he will pull $6000 for the roller - I have bought similar for $1000!!!

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 9 months ago #11448 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Commer Knocker any one
Hi Guys ,There is another knocker on ebay now,,older restoration ,he has a $9000 start price on .ian.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11449 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Commer Knocker any one
ian mate! we need to teach you how to cut and paste. check these out. big power burner with 555

cgi.ebay.com.au/COMMER-TRUCK-555-cumins_...93%3A1|294%3A50

cgi.ebay.com.au/Commer-CE16-Table-Top-Tr...93%3A1|294%3A50

More
14 years 9 months ago #11450 by ianoz
HI Paul, The second one was the one i had seen.Did get showen how to do links but don't remember how . IZE just a dumb plant operator that drives trucks to get my tractors to work :D .ian.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11451 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Commer Knocker any one
hi ian, mate what you have to do is get the instructions written on a bit of paper and stuck to the computer monitor, after three or four weeks you will be able to do it. lol well i can now it sunk into my thick head eventually :D

More
14 years 9 months ago #11452 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Commer Knocker any one
Hi Ian,the second one was at the Beenliegh show 2 years ago,the bloke is from down around Newcastle,it was in Just Trucks a while ago (actually a bit cheaper)I reckon the first one is actually a Dodge with a 185 Cummins (not a 555),they came from the factory,that was actually the killer of the Commer Knocker motor,Dodge had an agreement with Cummins,and they took over Rootes,I think that was how it goes-Crysler Rootes Dodge,or something like that. ;)

More
14 years 9 months ago #11453 by paul404

More
14 years 9 months ago #11454 by ianoz
Hi Paul, Looks very nice ,Love the 5 grand starting price,don't like the reserve not meet bit. ian.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11455 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Commer Knocker any one
Should get a bit of interest.All the blokes on the left coast should stop whinging about the lack of old Inters for sale,and start looking at Commers,they`d be giggling. ;D ;D ;D

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds