Skip to main content

inter kb6 parts

More
10 years 1 month ago #139964 by Crankyglenn
inter kb6 parts was created by Crankyglenn
Hi, new to forum. I have just purchased 46? KS6 for resto. I am looking for a lot of missing chassis parts, brake pedals, brake pipe fittings,mounting brackets, battery box etc. If someone could point me in the right direction or supply photos of missing bits so I know what to look for I would appreciate it. I am located in SE Qld.
Thanks, Glenn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #139965 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: inter kb6 parts
Hi Glenn,
You might be a bit hard pressed to find the info you are after. There were lots of the K1 to K5 range in Australia, but less of the K6 and up. The K6 had a different chassis and front clip from the K5 and lower range too. You might want to check out some of the US websites where the K6 was more common. Ithink there is a site called oldIHC and another one called binderbooks that might be a source of some info.

Dennis

More
10 years 1 month ago #139966 by Crankyglenn
Replied by Crankyglenn on topic Re: inter kb6 parts
Thanks IHScout. I will do more research. I have purchased a Parts book {original} but it doesn't show chassis or cab parts. I too have a Scout 80 that I bought some bits for from the US. I will contact the same companies to see if they can help.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #139967 by geoffa
Replied by geoffa on topic Re: inter kb6 parts

This truck was in Gray's auction yard at Huntly just north of Bendigo in March 2014.

Geoff.
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by geoffa.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #139968 by Crankyglenn
Thanks Geoff,
This is a lot better than the piece of junk I bought from Bendigo, [disc wheel model]. I will research the auction yard and give them a ring.
Glenn

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #139969 by geoffa
Replied by geoffa on topic Re: inter kb6 parts
Hi Glenn,

These are the phone numbers and website address on signs and on the fence. 03 5446 1414. 0418 172 234.
0404 061 347. www.graysbendigo.com.au

Geoff.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #139970 by KB6Dave
Replied by KB6Dave on topic Re: inter kb6 parts
G'day Glenn,

Best you give me a call, I may have a fair few parts etc you may be looking for. The KB6 I bought came with a tray load of spares and I have also stripped another whole truck which was past restoration.
Dave.

48 KB 6&&Freighter single axle log jinker

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #139971 by Crankyglenn
Hi Geoff and Dave,
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I may not be so cranky now if I can get something started. My family will be happy.
Glenn.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #139972 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: inter kb6 parts
Ron Toy will be at the Rocklea show in May and might be bringing his beautifly restored KS5(or 6?). He will be able to tell about every little detail.
[IMG

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #139973 by Crankyglenn
Thanks Mammoth. I will pencil it in.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds