Skip to main content

Wanted:-Grille to suit a 1966 F series Ford

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #144136 by Bobsboy
Hayseed (Post4),
Ya, me too. Ta for that one.
It adds to my library of ideas/ knowledge to help me transition from "vicarious" to Just Do It.

Impalabazz,
We cuzzo guys seem to be gaining acceptance even if just through weight of numbers.
S'long as we continue to show proper Respect . . .
(bruddas frum a divrnt mudda)

I reccon we should keep ya.
LOL

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Bobsboy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #144137 by Dave_64
Barry,

You have just thrown me into utter confusion! Just when I thought (after posting some pics here a while ago), that I had it nailed down to a 1968 F350 cabin (Bumpside) but on the earlier chassis (6 stud wheel pattern, NOT ADAPTERS!), dual I-beam front (you did say 67 was changeover year?) axle, steel dash, one door has locking mechanism on the handle, the other door has a push-button. Like I said, someone has obviously changed the actual grille to a later model. Bit late now, she is in pieces round the side of the shed.

I did have ideas at one stage of salvaging the chassis/running gear (front and rear axle) but was talked out of it by a few people who reckon that the first of the Twin I-Beams (especially when coupled to the 6 stud pattern wheels), were not the ideal project foundation. Even kicked the idea of putting a reverse Elliot type front axle under it. The cabin itself is probably beyond redemption, full of rust and I have already started to relieve it of a few bits and pieces and am going to thieve the floor pan out for another project.
I am not all that well up on how to post photos, but I think if you look up my profile, there were a few photos there somewhere. Maybe if I can post a few more, it may help identify it further?
Just on those adapters, have seen something similar many years ago, but they were homemade and made up to convert a 6 stud to a 5 stud. Cannot even recall what type of light truck it was, possibly Dodge rings a bell because whatever it was, had a flathead 6. First time I have seen a factory produced piece, makes you wonder if it was just to use up excess stock and reduce tooling costs, cheapest way out? Interesting!

Cheers, Dave 64

More
9 years 10 months ago #144138 by Dave_64
Barry,
Meant to add, have found a few photos of my old girl, perhaps If it is OK with you I can post them to you in a PM and if you get 5 minutes you may be able to identify it a bit better?

Dave 64

More
9 years 10 months ago #144139 by Impalabazz
Hi Dave,

Have sent you an e-mail, I hope I can help you out.

Cheers.....Barry

"O Lord of merciful acceleration

More
9 years 10 months ago #144140 by Impalabazz

I reccon we should keep ya.

Thanks for your vote of confidence "Bobsboy" ;D

Cheers.........Barry

"O Lord of merciful acceleration

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds