Skip to main content

Wanted: Road Ranger with No. 3 Bell Housing

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #147561 by Mastiff540
I am after a RTO 610 Road Ranger Gearbox to fit in my Leyland Mastiff with V8 Perkins after the 5 speed played up and parts for it are non existent.

The only problem I have is that the engine uses a uncommon No.3 bell housing (just under 17'' bolt hole to bolt hole)

I am after a bell housing to fit a RTO 610 or the whole Box so Bayswater diffs can build one up.

If anyone has a box to sell me in an old Mastiff or other truck I can pull it out.

Thanks James

1980 Leyland Mastiff 540&&1942 V8 Ford Jailbar 3 Ton&&1982 Volkswagen Kombi Transpor
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Mastiff540.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #147562 by Blackduck59
Don't think the bell housing in that size are too common, I scored one but it has no markings to say who made it. Dellow may have them.
Some of the Jap units use the same bolt pattern but the counter bore is different, Think there are 4 versions.Have the spec's stashed somewhere.
Cheers Steve
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Blackduck59.

More
9 years 9 months ago #147563 by v8 inter nut
I have a good 610 rr with a bellhousing, not sure what number bellhousing it is out of an acco with a 555 is the same type as the c line Inters take what's your number? I will call u

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #147564 by Blackduck59
Have seen your message, have some info I can send on housing spec's. Just need an email address that I can send attachments to.
A RT 610 can be upgraded to RTO, kit is over $1K
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Blackduck59.

More
9 years 9 months ago #147565 by melonreo
don't panic , those small RR housings are plentifull once you start looking under the correct rock,,,, the moment you pay a good price for one somebody will come along and try and give you 3

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds