Skip to main content

One too many zero's???????????

More
9 years 5 months ago #151307 by Dingodan
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNice little '36 Dodge Truck for you and a BARGAIN at only $25,000.00!!!!!!!!

Where else would you find such a deal but on Fleabay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #151308 by bparo
It can't be that overpriced as someone has placed a bid on it. If they thought it was overpriced it would not have any.

At the end of the day anything is worth whatever figure the buyer and seller agree on.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 5 months ago #151309 by Lang
Bparo,

As you say it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay and if he finds a buyer good on him. I think he is pretty optimistic but there is nothing worse than putting a price on something and having twenty people fighting to get in the door to give you the money instantly.

The bid is the starting bid of the seller not a buyer at this stage.

Lang

More
9 years 5 months ago #151310 by kenny-mopar
I've heard stories on EBay that some guys get their mate to "bid" on things ... I'm always sus on things that have only been on for a few minutes & have a bid

More
9 years 5 months ago #151311 by Beaver

Bparo,

As you say it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay and if he finds a buyer good on him. I think he is pretty optimistic but there is nothing worse than putting a price on something and having twenty people fighting to get in the door to give you the money instantly.

The bid is the starting bid of the seller not a buyer at this stage.

Lang

Not sure what you meant by this, but the seller's starting price would show as 0 bids.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
9 years 5 months ago #151312 by Chocs
There was also a 'Buy it Now' price on it yesterday of 25000
Ol Mate has got a bid on it so its away..

Re: Throwing a 'dummy' start bid on it...

As i understand it, that would cost him a few hundred dollars in Ebay costs just for the privilege, as it will be classed as a sale at close of auction.
But I have been wrong before..

Maybe Ol Mate's gadget is worth that figure...

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #151313 by Lang
Ebay has the facility for the seller to have a starting bid when you put the ad up. It is just one of the boxes you fill in when submitting your ad - nothing special. You do not get charged for a sale if nobody else bids. Many, if not most people, with larger items such as vehicles do this.

This has the advantage of setting a reserve everyone knows (instead of the annoying "reserve not met" - why hide your price?) and tells everyone it is for sale ie $1 over that bid will buy it.

Lots of sales have both the initial sellers bid plus a buy-it-now price to cater for as many buyers as possible. I think Ebay require the buy-it-now price to be 30% more than your starting bid - will have to check.

It also stops people with no intention of buying, entertaining themselves and muddying the water with a $100 bid for a 60 foot yacht.

Lang
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Lang.

More
9 years 5 months ago #151314 by Beaver
Thanks Lang,

Have bought a lot of stuff, but rarely sell, so never looked at the "fine print". ::) :-[

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
9 years 5 months ago #151315 by Chocs
Thanks Lang,
Appreciate the info there..

chocs 8-)

More
9 years 5 months ago #151316 by mackme
Hi guys that bid is a different ebay id than that of the seller,so what i am saying is i don't think the seller is the one bidder Cheers.

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds