Skip to main content

WANTED Urgently searching for a Bedford 330 pulley

More
9 years 2 months ago #154844 by sammygt
G'day everyone,

I have a 1969 Bedford SB5 Commair bus fitted with a 330ci diesel.
Driving down Bell St. Coburg the other day I lost brakes and discovered that the water pump pulley had broken and thrown the belt which drives the alternator driven vacuum pump.

Anyway, now she's stranded in town while I'm back home in Castlemaine chasing down a pulley.

I've tried Talbot wreckers, Midlands and I'm waiting to hear back from ACW.
I just thought I'd post on here on the off chance someone might have a 330 sitting around and be happy to sell on the water pump pulley.

All the best,
Sam.
04two8 101 24six

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #154845 by hayseed
Sammy, try here...

www.mrmotorparts.com.au/order-parts-onli...bedford-300-330.html

as google as My witness ;)I have No connection to this.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 2 months ago #154846 by sammygt
Hi Hayseed,

I just stumbled on that too. It looks quite different, and is a two groove, but if the rear is the same depth it might be an option. I might send them a message and see if they'll measure the back space of the goove for me

Thanks mate,
Sammy.

More
9 years 2 months ago #154847 by sammygt
This is what mine looks like anyway

[IMG

9 years 2 months ago #154848 by
Hi sammygt .. give E V Timms a call in Thomastown...good chance they may have what you're after...good luck with her

More
9 years 2 months ago #154849 by sammygt
Hi Detective,

Great lead there thank you. E V Timms knew what I was talking about straight away and have asked to call them back in the morning when they'll check what's on the shelf.

Fingers crossed!

More
9 years 2 months ago #154850 by jon_d
Sammy, Sent a PM of someone else who might have one.

More
9 years 2 months ago #154851 by sammygt
Well guys,
Thanks to the advice from the members of this great forum, I found a replacement pulley. All the way from up in Dalby QLD, from the super helpful guys at Prices truck parts. These guys really went out of their way to help me even though it's just a cheap $35 part I needed.

Thank you Hayseed, Detective and Jon-d for your advice and a special thanks to Deadly Dave for the phone call and chat and also putting me onto Prices.

It should be here in a couple days and I'll be back on the road.

Also, I know it's a bus and we're on a truck forum, so thanks for being tolerant. ;)

[IMG

[IMG

9 years 2 months ago #154852 by
Hi Sammy .. that's a good outcome and she's a nice looking unit...can you tell us all a bit about her?

More
9 years 2 months ago #154853 by sammygt
Hi Detective,

Thank you and yes, I certainly can tell you about "a bus called Wanda".

She's an old SB3 petrol bus with turner 5 speed non overdrive, originally ordered by Warragul bus lines, she was then sold on to Martyrs' bus lines in Warburton. She's been through 2 or 3 owners since coming out of commercial service in the 80's and was converted into a motorhome. She did a couple laps of Australia with the petrol engine, then the last owners converted it to a diesel (which is why I call it an sb5) and did a whole lot of mechanical work to it and then took to the road. Unfortunately the old chap had a turn in Mildura after leaving Melbourne and that was the end of it, it sat in a paddock for about 10 years until we came along and found it near Tooradin.

She looked ok, but once I got it home, I ended up gutting it completely and starting from scratch. After building it for about 6 months while living in Gippsland we actually moved into it and built it on the road, not ideal with 2 kids but at the same time it refined the priorities of the build somewhat.... Unfortunately no room for a padded cell!
While on the road I built the kitchen, living area and wardrobes, put on the solar panels, 750 amp hr of batteries, internal lighting, gas tanks, water tanks, plumbing, wiring, 3 way fridge, gas stove .... the list just keeps going.

My wife got pregnant with our third so we decided to look for a house and ended up in Castlemaine and have settled here.

She's still not 100% finished but is mostly there and can go off grid for weeks at a time as she's on solar and has plenty of water and gas storage.

Bloody slow with the little 330 is all, so I spend a fair amount of time puling over and waving cars past!

Here she is in her Martyr's war paint
[IMG

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds