Skip to main content

Clearing Sale 13th Feb 2016 Temora NSW

More
8 years 2 months ago #167109 by defective
...pretty sure "Let George Do It" related to W.J. George from around Newcastle NSW...??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #167113 by Gryphon
Hi,

If you concentrate hard you can just make out where the 'George' sticker was...

And inside the cab on the Atkinson

And another in the graveyard.

The missing wheel was in the back and it looked like some was trying to make a camper out of it.

And engraving/stamping your name into the door was new one on me on what was left of a Morris Oxford Ute.

Sarge, I wasn't there to play Trucks, not really my thing, I was after a Guillotine that was up for grabs but i was a good boy and stayed under my maximum and had to let someone else take it home.

Terry

More
8 years 2 months ago #167117 by Mairjimmy
Gryphon

I am thinking that Sarge is dying to know HOW MUCH $$$ did the big "A" make and if you know and was it sold with the trailer,
JUST WONDERING.

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #167120 by Gryphon
Hi,

Once I missed out on the Guillotine I had to leave because there was a Hovercraft coming up in the next hour or so and I had a pocket full of cash. :)

The Trucks and other big toys were still to come in I reckon about 2 or so hours later.

Terry
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gryphon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #167138 by Sarge
a hovercraft :blink: :blush: :woohoo: :side: :S and ya went home :sick: :dry: :ohmy: with cash in ya pocket :pinch: :( :( :( :( Terry I think you need some Clearing Sale Training.... there's rools... like ya gotta buy something and a sausage and onions in bread, just to justify the effort of going.... A hover craft.... that would have been number one item at Display day..... (on the back of the AACO semi of course) B)

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
8 years 2 months ago #167139 by Gryphon
Sarge,

I have already owned a Hovercraft many years ago and I have one here I store for a friend so I really didn't need to buy one. Too many toys as it is, but I did buy a sausage in bread. I have a couple of other photos of the inside of the Cab on the Atkinson for you but got interrupted by a work problem and never got back to the other vehicles.

On the way back to Melbourne I stopped in at the Elmore Show and saw a Green D Series Ford tray truck won 1st prize in the Truck division, although the lack of any other trucks might have helped it win. In fact I think every vehicle there won something as there was so few of them.

Terry

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #167264 by allan
Off topic, but someone did mention hovercraft! And I have been meaning to attempt direct posting pics, so thought I'd try here - my one and only 'flying' experience over 10 years ago (GF of the time owned it, now sold - the craft that is, GF was set free, or was that me cast off!)
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by allan. Reason: Looks better as an 'insert'

More
8 years 2 months ago #167265 by allan
Nother one. Trying an 'insert' compared to 'attachment'
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago #167266 by Sarge
well done, thats gotta be a whole lotta fun.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
8 years 2 months ago #167299 by Kruizin
Hi guys,
I've got a hovercraft project in storage that was started by my grandfather 30 years ago. Being a chippy, he's done a really nice job of it, but I think he baulked when it got to the stuff he's less familiar with as it still needs mechanicals and the skirt. It's just one of those things that I can't let go of. He was getting rid of it 10 years ago so I took it in the hopes I could finish it for him before he dies. There's still hope, but he's 97 now, and I've been off work due to health for 16 months, so I don't like my chances.
That's a nice little machine you have there Allen. Mine is a larger, twin engine design. I'm not sure how it would go on a river, but it would be perfect here on the cooling pond of Hazelwood Power Station! Just gotta get my shed built first..
Col

'73 D1410 4x4 Tray

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds