Auction

More
4 years 7 months ago #202732 by Rusty Engines

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202734 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Auction
I have seen this collection several times

It is huge, the biggest collection of gear I have ever seen in sheds in Australia

Almost all is under cover and most of it runs

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
4 years 7 months ago #202745 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Auction
Hardly worth the drive. It will all be over in 15 minutes.

I have seen this collection a few times and most of the stuff is surprisingly complete and not the usual collection of broken, half-stripped machinery and vehicles you see at many clearing sales.

Lang

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #202748 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Auction
Hi,

if anybody does bother to go and have a look could they take a picture of the ADR plate on the firewall of the Mini Moke for me. And if there is no plate then the number on the little strip of metal where it looks like the radiator shroud has been cut off, just above the outlet fins.

Thanks,
Terry
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Gryphon.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202763 by Lang
Terry

Drove up to look at the auction stuff.

The Moke was in a shed and I could not see the plates. It is a well used vehicle but pretty honest. Body straight and rust-free, floors and sills look solid. Top was half folded back so I could not see if there were rips but all bows and brackets looked complete.

Engine looks complete with all wires, lines and controls properly in place,

No battery but it looks like you could drive it away,

Sorry I had no camera or torch to check numbers.
Whole auction is on line, not live on site.

Lang

More
4 years 7 months ago #202765 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Auction
lang,

Is the Moke worth bidding on?

And what would you put on it?

See I trust your opinion.

Cheers,

Rod

More
4 years 7 months ago #202767 by Lang
Sorry Rod

I know absolutely nothing about the value of a Moke other than to wonder why anybody would pay the numbers they ask for restored ones on Just Cars etc.

If I wanted a restoration project - and how hard can these sardine tins with easily obtainable mini parts be - I certainly would think it was a good proposition. Body work looks absolutely minimal but remember I never heard it run!

As I said before, I reckon some fuel and a battery and you could drive it 250km home to Brisbane. IF the engine and at least handbrake work.

People seem to think they are made of gold so I figure a couple of thousand would stop me with a view to spending a few grand on engine and mechanical work and doing the body easily personally with my limited skills. I reckon that would be safe.

If you gambled that it was OK mechanically you could go higher.

All this is my opinion and an enthusiast might say it is worth $5.000 or $500. You seem to know a bit about them and have 3 weeks to do some research on value and restoration costs.

Lang

The owner was there and was very good describing the condition of the trucks I was interested in but I made no inquiry on the Moke.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202768 by Gryphon

Lang wrote: Terry

Drove up to look at the auction stuff.

The Moke was in a shed and I could not see the plates. It is a well used vehicle but pretty honest. Body straight and rust-free, floors and sills look solid. Top was half folded back so I could not see if there were rips but all bows and brackets looked complete.

Engine looks complete with all wires, lines and controls properly in place,

No battery but it looks like you could drive it away,

Sorry I had no camera or torch to check numbers.
Whole auction is on line, not live on site.

Lang

Thanks for the details, I had someone else from my Moke Forum sent me some pictures today so I got all the details I need.

Terry

More
4 years 7 months ago #202769 by Gryphon

Zuffen wrote: lang,

Is the Moke worth bidding on?

And what would you put on it?

See I trust your opinion.

Cheers,

Rod

Depends on at what price you want to bid on it as to whether it is worth it.

It is a pretty original Moke with the original 1275 engine but sad in the upholstery department and the brakes will be shot if someone hasn't stood on the pedal every few months. It is missing the original lights on the front on the front and at least one of the extremely hard to get side lights. The Seats are Moke, but probably not from that model and the mirrors are also some after thought from another vehicle, but there are a couple of hard to get bits for that model still attached so it would be a good project if you wanted to go for original.

There were only 1500 of that style of Moke built with a rear fuel tank and deep guards and it doesn't really add that much to the value of the vehicle but it should go for $4-5000 and anything less would be a bargain. I have a few of this model and was interested in this particular one because of the colour as it is only a few numbers away from one of mine and reinforces the idea that all Mokes painted on a particular day were the same colour.

Terry

More
4 years 7 months ago #202772 by Lang
Terry

Just had a look at the auction site. The Moke photos are taken outside and give a clear picture. On Sunday when I saw it the vehicle was inside a shed. The auction photos are taken beside the early Holdens which are still there so I would say it was a good bet they were using the Moke to run around in.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds