Skip to main content

International Loadstar

More
14 years 2 months ago #23148 by 345SCOUT
On ebay for $3000
cgi.ebay.com.au/International-Loadstar-1...?hash=item23058edf17

If only I had the room. :o
Cheers

International Scout Owners Club Victorian Division (ISOCVD)&&Spare Parts Officer&&is

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #23149 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: International Loadstar
that ones been for sale for a long time now. just doesnt seem right being cummins powered. i would like to see how he was going to fit a larger radiator in there ;D

More
14 years 2 months ago #23150 by white9000
yeah your right Paul404,looks like he's swapped the 653 for the cummins--bad move you really need the screamer in it

More
14 years 2 months ago #23151 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: International Loadstar
There wasn't a lot of those that came from the factory with GM's, a lot of petrol ones where repowered but.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #23152 by GM Diesel
The dinky di factory GM powered loadstar had the motor on an angle to miss the steering and the fan bolted to a hub on the end of the right camshaft.
Got a Loadstar with a screamer in it sitting flat and square its a repower.

Ive heard of a V504 Cummins as in the advertised truck but never seen one....they any good ?

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by GM Diesel.

More
14 years 2 months ago #23153 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: International Loadstar
V 504 is the old V8-185, then later on they stuck a turbo on them and turned them into a real dud, and called them the VT 190.

14 years 2 months ago #23154 by
Replied by on topic Re: International Loadstar
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the positive comments :)I purchased this truck like it is.Personally wouldn't have brought it if it had a GM.I prefer Cummins.I was going to increase the radiator size in it because it was small from the petrol engine it originally had in it.As far as the 504 engine goes the ones iv'e had have been very reliable.Keep the coolant up to them and dont over-rev and they last(same with 903,555)

Oh well looks like she's going to get stripped for parts so i can finally finish my Acco project.

What seems to deter potential buyers is the tilt tray prices to move it.Everyone seems to live on the otherside of the country!!!

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds