Skip to main content

Saying goodbye to my Fraulines and McGrath trailer...

More
6 months 5 days ago #248772 by prodrive
Well it's a bit of a sad day really. I've been thinking about doing this for ages, but finally bit the bullet, and took the two 1418's and the old McGrath out to Ritchie Bros. I hope these old girls will find a good home.
Sitting around is not good for any truck or trailer I reckon, and whilst I had a few projects over the years that allowed me to use them, that period has passed, and I reckon it was time to say goodbye.
The LS 1418 came from Finley, and I was "going to do her up" (aren't we all?) for the last ten years, and never got around to doing anything of the sort. She is a pretty scarce unit these days, being a "low windscreen" model, and that's why I wanted her when I saw her. She had hydraulics on her, so she was a bit handy when a tipping trailer came in the yard.
The LPS (cabover) came from up at Yass, she was owned by a fella called Max Love. I bought this one nearly 20 years ago I reckon, it was damn near the only LPS 1418 I'd seen without any rust in her, a very standard original, and un molested truck. I gave her a paint job and a good birthday, she is a really nice old girl that I would have driven anywhere.
The 35 ft bogie McGrath came with my 1966 Kenworth, she was owned by Don Stewart up at Bright. He bought her brand new in 1971 I think, and he reckoned that it was the longest legal outfit he could get at the time. 
Anyway it's all a bit of history I guess, and I hope someone else has a lot of fun with them. I'd hate to see them end up sitting around rusting away, or being smashed around as yard trucks. But I guess we will see eh? 
So they are at Ritchie bros next auction, unreserved (gulp) so feel free to give me a yell if anyone is interested at all.
Cheers
Rich    

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, xspanrman, oliver1950, theabundantlife

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 5 days ago #248774 by Lang
Rich

Just look at it as just a black jellybean in the lolly jar of life. Think of all the coloured ones you still have in the jar.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
6 months 5 days ago #248775 by PaulFH
Courage to make such difficult decisions Rich.
Hope the buyers see good value and look after them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
6 months 5 days ago #248780 by Mrsmackpaul
Good luck with it Richard

I think about doing things like this from time to time but Im only ever happy in my old buckets of bolts so I wont risck it

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #249197 by Roger W
Hello Rich,

I am interested in these but not sure how to send a private message.

Roger
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Roger W.

More
5 months 1 week ago #249198 by hayseed

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
5 months 1 week ago #249200 by Roger W
Yes, I know. What I am asking is how can I communicate with Rich privately?

Roger

More
5 months 1 week ago #249219 by Gryphon
Roger,

find the last message posted by Rich and select the Reply button like normal.When the text box displays, at the top is the link 'Private Message', click on that and then type your message or question to Rich and submit it  like a normal reply.

Rich/Prodrive should be the only person to be able to see your reply so you can share personal contact details.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

More
5 months 1 week ago #249222 by Roger W
Thanks Terry.

I thought I did that but somehow it became just another reply in this thread.

I have thousands of posts on other forums but have never had a problem like this.

I will have another go.

Roger

More
5 months 1 week ago #249223 by hayseed

I thought I did that but somehow it became just another reply in this thread.

Roger

I've tried that Too,  & ended with the same result..!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds