Skip to main content

Wanted: IH V8 Parts

More
14 years 1 day ago #27793 by Adrian
Wanted: IH V8 Parts was created by Adrian
Does anyone know of engine parts for an International DTV-573? I think this engine is also referred to as a Noisse, V8 @ 330hp (Used in J-90E front end loaders).
Thanks,
Adrian. :o

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 day ago #27794 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wanted: IH V8 Parts
You can't get much by way of parts for them any more, but I understand that a group of Yanks are trying to get pistons made for them, in Taiwan.
I'll have a chat to me ole mate, OzFarm, he's a big Red Tractor man, and he was discussing the parts angle (or lack thereof) on the DV engine, with me, a few months back.

More
14 years 1 day ago #27795 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Wanted: IH V8 Parts
neuss v8s ..not a great motor but usable in farm/earthmoving machinery . . hitler finally got his revenge with the noisey neuss motors .. ..a few of the old international trucks (accos) used the DV 550? V8 neuss ..mite be your best option for parts or a motor that bolts in ..

More
13 years 11 months ago #27796 by Adrian
Replied by Adrian on topic Re: Wanted: IH V8 Parts
Thanks guys, so far I've tried Alormac in Melbourne, but they haven't had any enquiries about these engines for quite some time. Canada or the U.S are only maybe's, not holding out much hope!
Really only chasing the "Y" shaped exhaust manifold that leads into the turbo - common to burn out / fail on this motor apparently - worst case scenario would be to smash an old cast manifold and weld in repairs.
This in itself might double the value of the loader! ;D

More
13 years 11 months ago #27797 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Wanted: IH V8 Parts
Adrian try Cutting edges in Camberfield , they were styles and hicks and a 4 cylinder tractor kit did the v8 Nuess or toss it out and fit a 3208 cat. podge

More
13 years 11 months ago #27798 by Adrian
podge66,
Thanks mate, we deal occasionally through Cutting Edges / S & H. Found out today there is one manifold available in the U.S, so have bitten the bullet and ordered it. Thanks anyway though. A 3208 may've fitted - we still run a couple in our older agi's - just looking at all the mods to do it, was going to be our "Plan C" (Plan B was to burn the old heap of s**t to the ground!)
Cheers,
Adrian.
;D

More
13 years 11 months ago #27799 by clydedale
Replied by clydedale on topic Re: Wanted: IH V8 Parts
Hi Adrian, My memories of when I was with IHC back in the '70s, are that the DVT573 was fitted to the TD20c and the Hough 90. They were an American engine, not a Neuss (like the 239, 358 and 550). There is a outfit at Marlbrough, about 100 Ks north of Rockhampton that dismantles old Internationals, they may have what you need. I seen a 573 petrol once, two plugs per pot, two dizzies. Fitted to a big IH fire crash tender, but then fuel was cheaper! :-/

More
13 years 11 months ago #27800 by Adrian
clydedale,
Geez, a petrol version of that motor! I reckon it would've been thirsty, ours is bad enough as a diesel (especially with the turbo not doing much!) Still waiting for the new manifold, hopefully it'll be here soon.
Thanks for the "heads up" about the dismantlers,will follow it up.
Cheers,
Adrian. 8-)

13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #27801 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wanted: IH V8 Parts
I forgot about this thread. I contacted my Red Rust Lover mate, OzFarm, and he said he's lost his password to the forum .. but he said this much ..

"Parts - IMS up in QLD, or Morrison's Tractor parts in NSW .."

"The 573 is no relation to the DV-550. The 573 was used by the construction side of IHC.
It was apparently fitted into trucks at some stage? .. as well as TD20C .. payloaders, scrapers used it .. wasn't seen in the ag side of IHC ..
573 is a square donk. It has replaceable liners, etc.
DV550 was descended from the V-549 gasoline V8 .."

Adrian is correct, the 573 is an American engine, not a Neuss engine. OzFarm says it's rather unfair to "associate that POS with the Neuss factory .. " :D

More
13 years 11 months ago #27802 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Wanted: IH V8 Parts
Howdy,

The Inter 573 was used in the late sixties 4070A Transtars in the US .
They were available in the following formats :
DVT - 573 - 230 230HP @ 2300, 578ft-lb @ 1800
DVT - 573 - 240 240HP @ 2600. 552ft-lb @ 1800
DVT - 573 - 260 260HP @ 2600, 578ft-lb @ 1800
DVTI - 573 - 285 285HP @ 2600, 640ft-lb @ 2000

The DVTI was available in the single drive and the tandem drive Transtar.
Pretty decent power for the 60's I reckon.
Brand new Transtar single drive with a DVTI 573, RTOF 13 box and a RA57 backend was $20,395 US +$1,413 sales tax.
Passenger seat was an option and could be had for $115.
GM 8V-71 was a huge $2,511 less a $220 credit for the 573. ;D

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds