Skip to main content

Big Air Compressor For Sale

More
13 years 9 months ago #31842 by Bitsa
G'day all, and Stu
Sorry i hav'nt got back to you as i have been working up north for a few day's
Stu, Please check the operating voltage on your motor again. The one in the pic is 380V, which is Asian, NOT AUSTRALIAN operating voltage. It will still work for a while , and then cark it when you need it most. I know this because :-
(1) i am a sparky by trade and (2) i have replaced so many of these motors , it's not funny. You may need to replace the motor ,to get a reliable unit. You said you had a soft starter whith it , but it's not in the pic's. A soft starter is totally different from a normal DOL or Star/Delta Starter. Normally at a much higher price. Hope this helps.

1990NKR Isuzu&&1974 D1310 4x4&&195? Chamberlain Dere Backhoe&&743B Bobcat&am

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31843 by Bitsa
Sorry i got the names and post's ass about, but i think you all can work out who is who?

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #31844 by
Replied by on topic Re: Big Air Compressor For Sale
It's interesting that Alistair brought up that 380V spec. I saw it earlier, and was going to question it, but forgot. All the 3PH motors I've seen, are 415/440V.
You can run a motor on a different cycle rating (Hz), and it can normally cope with it .. apart from altering the operating speed .. but running a motor on a sizeably different voltage, will generally cook it.

I have a shop compressor that is of American origin, it was originally installed in a car wash, and was shipped in, complete from the U.S.
It's a 5HP Lincoln motor (yep, them of the welder fame) rated at 415/440V, but 60 cycles.
It runs happily at 50 cycles, but of course, it produces more like 4HP at the lower speed and cycles, and it runs a little hotter because the fan is turning slower.
However, because the compressor it's hooked to, is only about 14cfm, it's working easy. If it was running a big compressor, I might have a problem.

Alistair - You can edit your posts for up to about a day after you post, to correct any errors. Just click on "modify" in the top right of your post.

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #31845 by
Trevor - Here's another thing about the Chinese electric motors. You'll see on the motor tag that the insulation is Class B.
Class B has a maximum operating temperature allowance of 130

13 years 9 months ago #31846 by
Ron

Thank you i have sent a email to the supplier regarding the 380V and i will now also send another regarding the insulation and see what i get back.

Trevor

More
13 years 9 months ago #31847 by Bitsa
G'day all
I should have said , in the begining of this post, that i would also be open to a swap for this air comp.
I am on the look out for a good running Internatinal 345 V8 with starter motor, alt , all ancillaries etc, and a gear box for the D1310.
I f anyone has one or any ideas, please get in toch here or ring me on 0409 406 183. Thanks

More
13 years 9 months ago #31848 by bigcam
There's one in the classified's in the latest Just Trucks. $1,000, 0418 338 370, says he's in Victoria.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31849 by Bitsa
Thanks Cam

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds