Skip to main content

52-54 Dodge parts free to a good home

More
13 years 9 months ago #32024 by Hardtopman
I have a few bits off this early truck that are no use to me if you want them they are yours or they go on a trip to China.
Bellhousing
flywheel
pressure plate
master cylinder
front springs
steering box
Radiator
Fan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #32025 by atkipete
I am doing up a 52 3 tonner and might need some of those. Where are you ?

More
13 years 9 months ago #32026 by Hardtopman
Im In perth. Yer it was a 359 truck

More
13 years 9 months ago #32027 by atkipete
Am in Melbourne so freight is going to hurt. Much appreciate your offer, do you mind hanging onto them for another month as my truck is going for RWC soon and I will then find out what i need.
Mine is a model DG452, six cylinder 4 speed gross weight 14500lbs on 7.50 x 20 tyres, do you know what the difference is ?

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #32028 by
There are a couple of online courier sites that will usually offer good rates. Here's a couple I use, below.
Smartsend used to be the cheapest, but Temando is now much cheaper, and offers corporate rates, as well as up to 4 quotes.

Make sure you fill in ALL the sections on the Temando site, and put in "business" for both receiver and sender, as this guarantees a low price quote. 115cm x 115cm is the W & L dimensions of a standard pallet.
If you use a non-returnable pallet, just select "not required" in the section asking about pallet brand, to keep the cost down.
You can use a smaller pallet to keep costs down, but an oversize pallet will bump up freight cost appreciably.

Remember that compactness is required in packing, as the largest amount of freight ends up being calculated on volume, not weight.
The standard weight for volume measure, for freight calculation, is 333 kg per cubic metre .. so if your pallet occupies a cubic metre, and only weighs 200 kgs, you'll get charged for 333 kg.

www.temando.com

www.smartsend.com.au

More
13 years 9 months ago #32029 by atkipete
Thanks Ron, will see what the man fails. Just a minor point, freight companies I have dealt with work on 250kgs / m3 is 333 kgs standard over there.
Truck is only showing 29000 miles ( I think it is genuine ) and hopefully wont need too much work.
www.flickr.com/photos/46046969@N03/4562284337/

13 years 9 months ago #32030 by
Pete

If you need tyres i know a good place to get 7.50-20 china tyres.

Trevor

13 years 9 months ago #32031 by
Pete - I got the 333 kg/cu. metre figure from Watsons Transport, who I deal with reasonably regularly. Maybe the figure varies between individual carriers, but I was under the impression it was a fairly standard weight-to-cube ratio.

More
13 years 9 months ago #32032 by atkipete
Ron, I think 250kg/m3 is more common and I seem to remember 166KG for airfreight which is "cheaper" still.
Trevor, am going to try 8.25s and was quoted $280 all up each for new ones for the front. (Chinese I think)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #32033 by Hardtopman
This early truck is a 3-59AD Yer can hold on to some bits for a while. Rather see them used than coming back as cheap shit
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Hardtopman.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds