Skip to main content

Bedford Ignition Switch (wanted)

More
13 years 8 months ago #33209 by Greg Gamble
Hi, I am after an ignition switch for my 1961 J series. Does anyone here have one for sale, preferably with a key? Cheers and Thanks, email or phone me 0418362071.........greg.[timestamp=1281696420]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33210 by ianoz
Hi Greg , Your comming up in the world .From an R190 inter to a bedford ::) . Have you tryed a good auto elecy , they should be able to match it up to a generic brand one ,unless your trying to keep it original .. Hows the fowler going .Start a thread on it down in the other gear ,if you have time . Ian PS Midlands ???And there was a thread about bedford parts recently with a place to try .

13 years 8 months ago #33211 by

More
13 years 8 months ago #33212 by Greg Gamble
Thanks for that Trevor, will give ACW a go. ;)

Hi Ian, good to hear from you mate. I know, it is a big step up to the British Kenworth, ;) this one is just a farm truck, had her for about 4 years, she came from down Ballarat way, tipping tray, (if I can work out how to put pics up I will put one up)mainly for bringing up firewood from the back paddocks, :o us Victorians need heating systems and we add to the carbon footprint for the nation, probably dont know much about heaters in your neck of the woods. ;D the ign switch gained another spring position before i got home from work thursday just gone >:(, wife was good, she figured out how to hold the key just in the right spot so she could drive it down and back without the starter engaged all the time, I was so sure I was coming home to a starter motor replacement, she did good and I will find the spot and put some Fowler bits up. Dozer is almost a reliable machine now, I have just got to find where the air is getting into the fuel and clean out the air cleaner body and we are 100% ;) cheers.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33213 by Greg Gamble
Situation solved. New (2/h) switch on its way. [timestamp=1281957773]

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds