Skip to main content

Re: Mitsubishi Canter Dual Cab Fire truck for sale

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36807 by
Is this a import dealer trying to sell this ?????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36808 by bigcam
Me thinks the old PAOL could fall under the catagory of a time wasting SPAMMER?

More
13 years 6 months ago #36809 by bigcam
I suppose the piont I was making is that you've had 2 posts Paol, both relating to somrthing you have for sale with a business hours phone number.
As far as dictionaries go, old mate, I'm reasonably certain that there are plenty of words that I use that arn't in one.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #36810 by Paol

I suppose the piont I was making is that you've had 2 posts Paol, both relating to somrthing you have for sale with a business hours phone number.
As far as dictionaries go, old mate, I'm reasonably certain that there are plenty of words that I use that arn't in one.

If you look under my name I am a learner at this web site
sorry for posting 2 classifieds :) and yes I only take phone call on business hours , regarding the truck she 's a beauty
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Paol.

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36811 by
Paol, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand how you imagine this truck is worth $18,000. I notice you carefully avoid mentioning the year of build.
It's obviously a late 1980's truck, probably 22 or 23 yrs old, and effectively totally obsolete as far as the Japs are concerned.

In Japan, these things aren't wanted, they are scrap. They sell at auction for around $2000, and some have as little as 5000 kms on the clock.
Parts are difficult to get for any Jap vehicles over 20 yrs old, and no-one is going to pay $18,000 for a vehicle that has such a short wheelbase, it's good for bugger all.

No-one would pay $18,000 to rip the fire pumps off, and install a tipper, it would cost more than the truck is worth.
In addition, any tipper that might fit wouldn't carry any worthwhile load, anyway.
The pumps themselves are useless, they would be some rare make of Japanese pump that you could never get parts for.

On top of all this, it's a 3.5L 4 cyl, the most gutless POS that Mitsubishi ever produced. I've seen more of these motors in the Canters, blown up, than running.

Good luck with your sale, you've obviously tried every place you can to sell this truck, because I see it pop up everywhere. In the current used market, if you get $6,000 or $7000 for it, I'd consider you've done well.
Bottom line is, if I wanted a Jap firetruck to scream around the neighbourhood in, and live out a boyhood dream, I could import one for less than half the $$'s you're asking .. and it would have 1/5th the kms on the clock.
Believe me, I've imported machinery from Japan, so I know what the score is. The Japs need to get rid of millions of vehicles/machinery items on an annual basis, or they would have no choice, but to just melt them down.

Mitsubishi fire truck for sale .. www.xpshou.com/sell-10168435961871651990...uble_cab_fire_truck/

Mitsubishi fire truck sold .. www.terra2imports.ca/import-japan123299820132660.htm

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36812 by
Paol

You say you have had the truck for 2 years, what have you been using it for and how many k's have you done in the 2 years.

Onetrack

Blunt & to the point

Trevor

More
13 years 6 months ago #36813 by Paol
Thank you all for your input but I just sold the truck over the week end , Thanks again

Paol

You say you have had the truck for 2 years, what have you been using it for and how many k's have you done in the 2 years.

Onetrack

Blunt & to the point

Trevor

More
13 years 6 months ago #36814 by Bugly
At least for an import dealer, he was polite right to the end!

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
13 years 6 months ago #36815 by Assessor
If we cud spel we wouldnt be trukiez

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds