topic variance...

Ay Cam
Whats the crystal ball say??
I heard it had gone in for an out of chassis :D :D

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64575 by hayseed
I agree Cam, & Truckhub/sales or whatever its now called is TOOO damn expensive.

They charge on a sliding scale, to dearer the price, the dearer the AD.

They won't let private sellers list as POA either.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #64576 by bigcam
The crystal ball has obviously been playing up like a second hand Victa. I'm in a couple of minds here, go the dee-luxxxe long range max mortgage model, or possibly, a complete change of fortunes, and go for the tarot cards. I'm waiting for the next full moon so I can network with my pals at the next Sisters of Satan gathering. Trick is to ask when the time is right with these girls, I was thinking after we've chased the goat. Mind the astrologist at the Sunday markets has been pretty on the money lately, but her knowledge of old trucks, or lack there of is not confidence inspiring. About as confidence inspiring as my crystal ball at this recent fleabay sale I would say. Happy Dreamings all.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bigcam.

12 years 6 months ago #64577 by
Selling is all about exposure. How many items have you missed out on? .. and then kicked yourself later, when you found out about the great deal? .. because you never knew the item was up for sale?
eBay has the greatest exposure for the least amount of money you can outlay.
Having said that, there are some sites and publications that draw people that are only interested in the main items listed.

When you have an item of limited interest (and old trucks fall into that category), you have to get maximum exposure to the widest number of people who might be looking for what you have for sale.
I'll wager that this forum is pretty high on the list for people looking for old trucks.
If you advertise here, on Gumtree, Just Trucks, Truckworld, Trading Post, Dinkos and any other cheap or free website you find (Aussie Trader, Simple Trade, etc) .. you'll get exposure to a very substantial number of interested buyers.

The magazines are losing their punch, they are losing circulation, just like newspapers, and they only appeal to the old blokes who can't adjust to the fact that we live in a modern world with instant communication.
By the time a magazine takes ads, has a cutoff date, goes to the printers, gets printed, gets delivered to the newsagents .. a truck would be sold 3 times on an electronic site.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64578 by hayseed
The biggest problem I find with trying to sell ANYTHING is,

Tyrekicking, timewasting, knobjockeys ;D ;D ;D

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 6 months ago #64579 by bigcam

The biggest problem I find with trying to sell ANYTHING is,

Tyrekicking, timewasting, knobjockeys ;D ;D ;D

That ring in the middle of the night, or waste 3 hours of your time with the parting "We'll just ask the missus and get back to you". They know you've obviously got nothing better to do with your time either Hayseed. LOL.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64580 by hayseed
That's right bigcam.

Pretty easy to understand why Chocs & his Comrades, get to recycle so much saleable stuff.

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 6 months ago #64581 by HEOFTHEHUM
Guys what your saying is dead right,but,not all people are like that.
If i am interested in something ill contact the seller ask some questions and take it from there.
If i go and look at something i always have the money in my pocket to buy it,dont have to ask the wife,hold a seance or use the force.
HOWEVER, if i dont like it i wont buy it,just because you go and look at something means you have to buy it.
Also some vendors dont actually shoot straight,hoping to get you there. :)

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #64582 by bigcam

You arn't wrong there, I've asked blokes specifically if something has rust in different spots to be out right lied too, then spend the time to have a look and all it does is waste your time and thiers. Even my crystal ball doesn't see that coming, I know that'll surprise Hayseed.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bigcam.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64583 by Bugly

You arn't wrong there, I've asked blokes specifically if something has rust in different spots to be out right lied too, then spend the time to have a look and all it does is waste your time and thiers. Even my crystal ball doesn't see that coming, I know that'll surprise Hayseed.

Ahh, but hayseed knows that rust is only iron in another form! ;D

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds