Skip to main content

Whats it worth - Austin K series '54 part rest.

More
12 years 3 months ago #72724 by theredtercel
We have my dad's partially restored Austin truck, its a K series, we think 1954. Dad has passed away and left us with plenty of other treasures, we want to sell this one. We are pretty sure the engine has been rebuilt he didnt believe in cutting corners or having to come back and do it again later, the chaises has been painted and the cab is off and has been undercoated. We think he was up to the wiring next. Not looking for top dollar but don't want to give it away. There is another truck which he bought for spare parts but it is a Commer, so I don't know how that works but I am a girl so forgive me I am a bit out of my depth!!! I would love some wisdom from your collective minds. The truck is in NSW. We know its not worth heaps but some kind of guide so we don't get ripped off would be nice. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #72725 by
g'day theredtercel... how is that tercel going anyway! :)..
e'bay will usually help to tell you the market price on a given day, but it may turn out to be a bit disappointing.
it always depends on how the ''market'' is feeling...(optimistic ..or otherwise)

this forum is also as good as any place to help find that true value

hope any of that helps....cheers

More
12 years 3 months ago #72726 by Davefarma
Hello, would you be able to post a few pics.
Thanks Dave..

More
12 years 3 months ago #72727 by theredtercel
I have pics I can email, I can't work out how to upload them here, it doesn't seem so simple. Leave a comment and I will email them. Thanks

Even if you are not interested in buying the truck, leave me a message and tell me what you would pay, just looking for a price guide, of course if you are interested in buying it I am keen to talk to you too! :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #72728 by SLR
Hi Love to see some pics, My dad also had an Austin around that era. Cheers

Steve

More
12 years 3 months ago #72729 by Davefarma
hey SLR theredtercle emailed me some pics Ill forward them to you.
Theredtercle if you are wanting to sell or get a price your late fathers truck maybe and its only a suggestion take a few more pics, especially of the main truck in question. differant angles and so on.
I would probably suggest what detecive said and place it on ebay, you can put it on there as a classerfied add and ask for offers that way you can have time to think about the price and you are letting the market determine that aswell.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds