Skip to main content

Wanted : Austin/Leyland Brake Drums.

More
12 years 3 months ago #74119 by Battleduck
Hi all,
Does anyone have Spare brake drums to suit an Austin/ Leyland 338n? I definitely need one to fit the rear as my existing one has a crack across the hub surface. Wouldn't trust it on the road. One for the front would be good as well as it has a chipped fin. It's a six stud pattern and the rear brakes are bigger than the ones on the front. I live in Kinglake just North East of Melbourne. Any help would be appreciated. You can reply back to me through the forum as I check it every couple of days.
Cheers,
Daryl.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #74120 by Bugly
Send the drum over to onetrack for repair! ;D ;D

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
12 years 3 months ago #74121 by bigcam
Easy welding cast steel as opposed to cast iron Bugly. ;D ;D ;D

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 3 months ago #74122 by Swishy
Hope no one gets the rong idea
n think they can weld brake drums n put m back to use

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #74123 by
I'll weld up a lot of things made out of cast iron, Bugly .. but brake drums definitely isn't one of them! ::)

There must be a few 3.38N's around that are past saving, and can be used for parts? :-?

More
12 years 3 months ago #74124 by Jake Brake
Try Price's up in Dalby QLD. I was only there last week and the must of had at least 6 Austins there.
Ph 07 4662 1013.
Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
12 years 3 months ago #74125 by Battleduck
I wouldn't trust welded brake drums, especially cast iron ones. I know for cars that any suspension or brake component that is welded must be certified by an engineer to pass roadworthy. I'm also a CFA volunteer up here in Kinglake and have a couple of people I can try. I don't think the DMO's carry much of that stuff anymore, though they are not far from where I work. Worth a shot.

More
12 years 3 months ago #74126 by ABCJOHN
Can you see a cast number on the old drum? We have some. 94763544

More
12 years 3 months ago #74127 by ABCJOHN
Thats a Sydney number sorry, 02 94763544

More
12 years 3 months ago #74128 by Battleduck
Went to the CFA Mechanics In Mt Evelyn last week. He told me they got rid of all that stuff years ago, but used to source them from a place in Ballarat. He was a wealth of information on them and gave me lots of tips and hints about how they kept them going. Things like brake seals made of felt and axle seals made of leather and cracks in chassis rails. Alas, no brake drum. Will get the casting number and put another post tomorrow night and call you during the week. Is that a work or home number? When is the best time to call?
Ta.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds