Skip to main content

Wanted : Austin/Leyland Brake Drums.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #74129 by bigcam
Price's and ABC's numbers are a work numbers mate. Was a mob in Sydney that would cast one off's as well, be cheaper getting one of Price's I reckon or see if ABC has some.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bigcam.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #74130 by
Battleduck

My brother in law is at the CFA maintanence at Geelong and has told me if somone has got a real good backhoe and metal detector there was a big hole filled at Ballarat about 20years ago with all the bits that were no longer needed.

I wonder how many of these type holes exist around the country.

Trevor

More
12 years 2 months ago #74131 by Battleduck
Got two sets of numbers, one cast in and one that looks like it was stamped. The rear drums have cast in the numbers 12 12 ?? (can't read the last one) It looks like a manufacture date. The stamped number is 11K 7777. The drum is approx. 406mm inside diameter with a hub diameter of approx 159mm. The lining area width is approx 72mm and total depth of drum is approx 147mm. I now have 2 cracked drums as they are a real pain in the backside to remove. looks like they haven't been off in a long time. They are also a SIX stud pattern.
The front drum has cast numbers 11 6 70 and stamped 67 IN4684 924 It's not cracked but has a chipped fin, once again found out the easiest way to remove these is to take the whole hub off. Not having a good week right now!
Will give ABC Diesels a call during the week. Meanwhile on the lookout for some axle seals now as well. Hope you all had a better weekend than I did!
Cheerio.

More
12 years 2 months ago #74132 by ABCJOHN
Battleduck, you're in luck,

I have 2 new drums left of your number, 11k7777
Have also 2 x 11k7778 and 4 smaller drums from 2-3 tonners 1K4681.
Were you trying to take the rears off as hub & drum together or just the drum?

John @ ABC Diesels

More
12 years 2 months ago #74133 by Battleduck
The front drums can be removed easily with the hub attached, the rears not so. I doubt they've ever been taken off before given the ol'girls only done 20 000 miles. It's an ex CFA fire tanker so everything got plastered in red paint which made it a lot more difficult. And Yes, they broke when I was trying to remove them. Cracked around the jacking bolt. Will speak to you on Thursday by phone.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds