Skip to main content

Pommy mudguards

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #77941 by mammoth
Pommy mudguards was created by mammoth
Well this has been an epic fishing expedition and I have finally landed the traditional steel mudguards to suit a few of my projects. I am planning to make another order once the supplier gets hold of part numbers for the other sizes I want so if anyone wants to make an order email me. Lead time is around six months by the time the order gets to England, they get made , and then shipped out. To give an idea of price the standard size of 25" radius x 24" wide is $ 95.48 each. Other sizes are dearer, even if they are smaller. :-/ As they are mild steel they would be easy to cut and weld if using one as the basis for something non standard.

25" radius on 10.00 x 20 tyres which is same as 11r tubless.

22.5 " radius on a 9.00 x 20 tyre - this one is 18" wide for my 2nd steer, but I am trying to get a part number for a 22" wide version.

20" radius on a 7.00 x 20 tyre. This size would also suit 8.25 tyres. This one is 10" wide for a single and I am trying to get a part number for 20" wide version.

This view shows how the rolled edge goes all the way around. The radius is measured on the flat part and not to the lip which is about 13/4" deep.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by mammoth.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #77942 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Looking great,
I got the 4 regular sized (25" radius x 24" wide ) ones from Mammoth as part of his bigger order. can't believe that they are smooth solid Mild steel, rolled with dull metal beading all the way around, and made with English labour and landed here for less than $100 each.
Got to paint them to avoid the surface rust though.

The 4 I have will be for the ERF bogie drive Prime mover when I can fix the Kirkstall diff centre which has been eluding me. It does occur to me they could be cut in half to help repair the guards on a pommy cab as well.
Thanks Mammoth, it was worth the wait.

Kind Regards

More
12 years 2 months ago #77943 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Pommy mudguards
They look fantastic Steve, finally something to use rather than plastic guards. Well done

Some play hard to get

12 years 2 months ago #77944 by
Replied by on topic Re: Pommy mudguards
mammoth

What would the cost be on the 20" radius gaurds 10" wide, 2 or ?4.

Trevor

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #77945 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Pommy mudguards
$102.49 plus gst each plus freight. I have two at the moment if you are in a rush.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by mammoth.

More
12 years 1 month ago #77946 by ERF
Replied by ERF on topic Re: Pommy mudguards

Looking great,
I got the 4 regular sized (25" radius x 24" wide ) ones from Mammoth as part of his bigger order. can't believe that they are smooth solid Mild steel, rolled with dull metal beading all the way around, and made with English labour and landed here for less than $100 each.
Got to paint them to avoid the surface rust though.

The 4 I have will be for the ERF bogie drive Prime mover when I can fix the Kirkstall diff centre which has been eluding me. It does occur to me they could be cut in half to help repair the guards on a pommy cab as well.
Thanks Mammoth, it was worth the wait.

I have the Kirkstall diff centres for your MV. I'm just about to scrap them - no demand here in pommyland!. What type are they? I have several ratios of both types from dismantled 1965, 1967 and 1968 LV's. Is yours totally shot?. Sods law really - I need to get an AEC diff from Sydney back here, and you need an ERF diff from here to Sydney!.

12 years 1 month ago #77947 by
Replied by on topic Re: Pommy mudguards

$102.49 plus gst each plus freight. I have two at the moment if you are in a rush.

Mammoth
I will take the 2 you have at the moment, will try and send you a pm with my details. Trevor

More
12 years 1 month ago #77948 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
for the diffs in UK that might fit. "I am on it" as they say.
Thanks ERF.

Kind Regards

More
11 years 10 months ago #77949 by ABCJOHN
Replied by ABCJOHN on topic Re: Pommy mudguards
Sorry i missed your post whenever it first started but I have some of those pommie mudguards from the UK,gently curved and rolled edge like your pic. 20" wide roughly 39" across to suit maybe 900's or 1000's. Brand new, black painted (some scratched from repeated stacking), drilled for brackets. $100.00 ea +gst sounds fine.
John
abcdiesels@bigpond.com

More
11 years 10 months ago #77950 by stepto and son
Replied by stepto and son on topic Re: Pommy mudguards
How come you have to order them from England? is there no manufacture here that will make them?
(Not being a smartness, just curious :))

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds