Skip to main content

1917 FWD Model B.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 11 months ago #8770 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 1917 FWD Model B.

Jist found a nuthery

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #8771 by Jake Brake
Replied by Jake Brake on topic Re: 1917 FWD Model B.
Hi Effin Ind, I noticed your looking for parts for your FWD, I know a bloke over here in Vic that has a part of the front axle housing and it also has a cast spoked wheel and a solid tire on it. It has FWD marked on the hub cap and it is American. Sorry no pics, but if interested send me a pm and I'll give you his details.
Cheers Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #8772 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: 1917 FWD Model B.
Effin Mate,

You know of the one sitting in George Parolo's yard in Jarrahdale ?
Pretty well a complete one.
Hagley Stud north of Tammin had one with a FWD four wheel trailer behind it. The trailer I believe is still or was at Hagley. Same solid tyres as the truck The truck itself is the one restored in the Ravensthorpe museum.
There are some old pictures in our family of the hagley one with trailer loaded with bagged wheat in Tammin circa 1920 with my Great Grandfather at the wheel. I will try and track them down for you.
150 bags of wheat in one hit was a big deal in those days and half the the town turned out to have a look when this monstrous roadtrain made its first trip to the rail siding.
Hagley is 20 miles from the siding and it did two loads a day during harvest.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by GM Diesel.

More
14 years 4 months ago #8773 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: 1917 FWD Model B.
Nov 09 issue of Heritage Commercials have an aricle on the early FWD
The technology of FWD was taken up in deals with AEC who went on to produce the road train (as preserved at Alice Springs) in the early 30's, and the famous 4wd Matador in 1939. There is a post war FWD located in forest up this way but I haven't seen it and the owner wants to hang on to it. Judging by the abuse he gave my Matadors while logging it won't be pretty

More
14 years 3 months ago #8774 by Effin Ind.
Replied by Effin Ind. on topic Re: 1917 FWD Model B.
Hi Jake,
Thanks for the tip on the parts.
Hi Basil,
I've seen George's Fwd. It's an ex Slough rebuild from the 1920's. An english chassis and body with american motor, gearbox diffs. Only good for parts as the motor is cactus. Not for sale either. The FWD in Tamin was sold to a fellow in Albany years ago who then restored it, I have the video he hade, then sold it to Martin K who painted it army green and put it in his museum at Jerramungup. Sold off when the museum went and is now in the Cowra museum (I'm told).
The trailer is supposed to be still on the farm or at the Wylie musem, depending on who you talk to. There is still one Fwd around the Goomaling/ Trainning area but those who know are keeping that to themselves.
There is another 2 chassis/parts up past Geraldton,not for sale. In all I found enough parts to make 2 trucks but all parties involved are keeping their bits as ..."Im gunna do it up one day". I have the wheat bag photo as well as the truck that did the Goomaling run, very impressive.
Then there is the one for sale in Melbourne, unrestored $25, 000, 3 others in Melbourne farm sheds waiting to be restored, 6 part vehicle in S.A on one farm, one bitza in a S.A museum and a runner somewhere in NSW.
Thanks for the info but I'll let all the gunnas do up the FWDs for the WW1 centenary, I've moved on to my next project.
Cheers,
Effin Industries.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds