Skip to main content

1964 international AB151 tray for sale

• Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #111947 by
It is with great sadness that I announce that my 1964 AB151 international tray truck is available for sale.

Just out of rego. With all original running gear. Including the original AGD240 6 cylinder engine, 4 speed gear box etc. Carby fully reconditioned, and new tyres all round.

Only thing not original would be it now has a alternator instead of the original generator.

Will include operators, workshop and parts manual in sale.

Will be sold without RWC or rego. Maybe able to assist with transport.

Would like around $5,000 but open to offers. Located in Melbourne.

Please PM with any questions. Will post some pictures soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111948 by atkipete
Well, I have the generator but they have to buy a whole truck to get that. ;D ;D

• Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #111949 by
Atki,

Do you want the truck to go with the generator? Pretty standard Lucas generator anyway so easy to replace back to original. All the original wiring and regulator still in place so easy changed over. Alternator put in as use to have a winch on the tray for loading and the genny wasn't able to keep up.

If buyer is interested willing to discuss including an electric winch and ramps in sale! Originally used for loading and transporting my steam engine.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111950 by geoffb
Jarrod
That would be the one that I seen a photo of at Dubbo but had some stubbies sitting on the front bumper ::) ::) ::)

• Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #111951 by
GeoffB,

Yes did take it to Dubbo Last year. Not sure about the stubbies however!

Couple of pictures of the AB

[img

And here is a picture of it catching a ride on my ACCO which is how it travelled on the Crawlin the hume.

[img

And finally a picture of it with the steam engine on board.

[img

Has done many trips and events. As mentioned went to Dubbo last year. And did the run to the national rally when it was held at Murray Bridge with the steam engine on board. That trip I also came home via Warracknabeal rally also. Had been a regular attender to many events. Even went to the Kenworth S model day last year also!

Some video of it running taken from Atkipete's dodge.

Some video taken from inside the cab is in this video (look about half way through)

Sad to see it go. But have been mainly concentrating on the ACCO and need the space! So unfortunately has to move on. :'( :'(

More
11 years 1 month ago #111952 by Chocs
Hmmmmmm

That wasn't you i saw circling around some Kenworths at Laverton, was it JB?? :-/

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 1 month ago #111953 by Coupeute
Are ya chuckin in the Datsun as an enticer? Pretty rare colour that. ;D

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

• Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #111954 by
No the Datsun isn't included :D

Was my first Car and was being taken to be turned into Kia's.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111955 by rex
Jarrod

How could you have done such a thing to your first Car a Kia of all things. You could have sent it to become part of a VOLVO TRUCK but not a Kia.

Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

• Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #111956 by
JB , how longs the tray , petrol or gas . Dave

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds