08 Jun 2013 11:12
Replied by ronhorse on topic Mech certs

Oldies but goodies
08 Jun 2013 11:08

Fire engine in the main building
08 Jun 2013 11:05

Giving a demonstration with an oldie, met 2 brothers from burpengary who had the best private collection I have ever seen, became friends with them and used to go out to see them, had a quarry show I think in sandgate many years ago, never traded in their trucks, Diamond T's still with the plastic on the doors, KB11's ,you name it sadly probably gone now as they were getting on then, drove across some railway tracks and it was on the left, huge building just for themselves to tinker with, must have been a million dollars worth of stuff, maybe someone on the forum knew them, super guys.
08 Jun 2013 10:57

Really neat Studebaker, unusual, thought it was a GMC at first
08 Jun 2013 10:50

Man had this Commer knocker running on a trailer, really neat
08 Jun 2013 10:45

One day, in the far distance future, I will get this bucket right!!
08 Jun 2013 10:39

More Macks
08 Jun 2013 10:37

NR Mack
08 Jun 2013 10:32

Hey bigcam, you axed if I had any more pic's of the Brissie show in the mid '90's, this is one of my mate Bob Foster, I was staying at Redcliffe and he was 2 days drive up the coast, I called him and said I need a lift into the Brisbane truck show, no problem he say, drove down and we went to it, is that a mate or what!! he was an avid Foden man so was surprised he let me take a pic of him in front of the Mack, his bro Doug managed Buntines. 8-)
02 Jun 2013 20:24
reminds me of the early '70's when Datsun's had an air pump to purge the unburnt gasses from the exhaust, the vanes inside would lock up and a new pump was very expensive, I would take the pump apart, throw away the vanes, reassemble the pump and it would last forever, save the man some money, no emission test in those days but looked correct. ;) ;)
02 Jun 2013 20:07

Sorry, just had to stick this pic of roadside repair on the heavy Chevy, couldn't resist it, those were the days my friends, we thought they would never end :)
02 Jun 2013 20:02

Grumpy, is this the type of rig we are talking about? ;D ;D
02 Jun 2013 19:48
Swishy, that is one mean machine, did you design it yourself? I see you make a lot of your own gear, aren't hydraulics a wonderful idea? no loss of power no matter the length, I believe the ancient Egypt people spoke in hydraulics but I don't see the connections, Trevor, have no info on the inter but my mate Wheatbix sent me a book on their history will see what I can find, , Governments would like us all to be raised as drones, control our individual thoughts, right on the money Big cam, don't employers understand the real world? too shortsighted, see it paid off for you, got to do it right, my Bro started an apprentice mechanic but as you say, not enough to live on yet the customer pays the same, just greed by the employers so took to the road, not the first I am sure. so much real talent lost
hey grumpy, smart move, can't beat individual thinking out of the box, sounds a great job you have but have to take control and the gamble, as swishy says, love some pictures please, it seems strange here where you have to be licensed to cut hair but not to work on the family car which is much more vulnerable where lives are at stake, my tiny brain shuts down if I try to figure it all out, will stick with a six pack and as Monty Python says, " look on the bright side of life" tee da tee da ;D ;D ;D
02 Jun 2013 05:06

My son in law showing our grandson the solid tires on this I believe an old International, If I had not seen the fan turning I would have sworn it was not running, so quiet and still, amazing for so long ago, bet they couldn't build one that quiet today, as no one is probably reading this rubbish but I am sucking on a beer in the sunshine state working my way through a six pack, hey, being old has it's advantages, everyone ignores you. ;D ;D ;D ;D
02 Jun 2013 04:57

I had to get a close up of the setup, the Brissie truck show in no doubt the best show in the WORLD, so many different makes, beautifully restored, we never manufactured trucks so they came from all over the world, such variety.
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 854 results.
Time to create page: 0.926 seconds