Skip to main content

Diamond reo speedwagon Help needed

More
11 years 1 month ago #113247 by chevfan3
Hi There,

Found 2 diamond reo's today 1 truck and 1 pickup.

From pics ive seen the pickup may be 1936 model.

The truck is what im trying to identify im guessing its about 1940's and has a Perkins diesel motor.

Is there anywhere on the net that may help me to timeline this , or does anyone know if the diesel would be factory original?

Ive tried googleing but cant find anything that looks like the truck I saw.

Thanks for your help

47 Chev Mapeleaf&&70 Inter C1640

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #113248 by chevfan3
I did a search on here and seems it may be a factory diesel, a P6 Perkins, from a post another user did a few years ago.

More
11 years 1 month ago #113249 by Acar DC7564
Gday chevfan3 , Diamond Reo only came into existance in 1967 after the merger of Diamond T and Reo trucks . You mentioned Speedwagon that was a Reo model from pretty early to around the late 30s but the one with the perkins power could be a Diamond T or a Reo, not sure on it being a factory fitment but a lot were repowered very soon after leaving the factory . A couple of photos mate and someone will soon tell you the model , year and some of the history of it maybe . Good luck with them and we look forward to hearing more from you about them . Cheers Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

More
11 years 1 month ago #113250 by chevfan3
Hey Rob,

Yes well u r right I only saw Reo speedwagon on the truck but the owner Called it a Diamond Reo.

Yes will get pics one day owner has just gone away for a holiday.

So will be a few months till I find out more, but have the first option on them which I will take.
Thanks

john

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds