Skip to main content

Disturbing Behaviour of Car Drivers

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114951 by Bugly
Even in Kiwiland two flashes on the right meant 'safe to pass'.

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114952 by jeffo
I think some drivers need to access a situation better instead of just going for it.
Outside the duckponds North of Gympie the other day, semi had right blinker on and was slowing and pulling over to the left.
Now that whole road has the 1200 wide double line/reflectors centre lines, didn't think the semi was suggesting for drivers to pass......
Yet out they went and off he went, a big swing and turned right across the road into a farm.
The truck was dead in the wrong but just a little bit of common sense from the following traffic and everyone is happy.
His only legal option would be to go 10k's North to Bells Bridge, use the turn around and come back but he'd still have to swing over the centre lines to get into that farm.

More
11 years 6 days ago #114953 by Mairjimmy

I think some drivers need to access a situation better instead of just going for it.
Outside the duckponds North of Gympie the other day, semi had right blinker on and was slowing and pulling over to the left.
Now that whole road has the 1200 wide double line/reflectors centre lines, didn't think the semi was suggesting for drivers to pass......
Yet out they went and off he went, a big swing and turned right across the road into a farm.
The truck was dead in the wrong but just a little bit of common sense from the following traffic and everyone is happy.
His only legal option would be to go 10k's North to Bells Bridge, use the turn around and come back but he'd still have to swing over the centre lines to get into that farm.

Could nt sleep so I have been up looking at the forum and came across this one,Went to the NSW road rules where it states that in NSW a driver are permitted to cross two continuous lines to enter and leave the road by shortest route.That is I take it means you can cross over two unbroken lines to enter a drive way or farm gate.Been doing this myself for quite awhile at a certern enterance and thinking I was legel in doing so.Just read the changes in the rules since November 2012 .looks like you should read the rules every 12 month,there must be a lot of changes since the 60s when I got my licence[first P plater in Berrigan. P plates in Nsw came in 1st Janurary 1966,As I was born 1st Janurary I couldn't miss out,It was a bit of embasrrassment for me to be driving with this RED BL--DY P on :-[ :-[ :-[ .They were the good old days ,if you did something wrong[that wasn't real bad]he sargent of police would kick you up the backside and tell you to go home . ;) ;) ;) ;)

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
11 years 6 days ago #114954 by old scrapman
Mairjimmy
Going by the number of drivers passing by going over double lines and running the one coming the other way of the road i was beginning to think that it was aloud,may be all drivers should a up dated rule book every 3 years.
Times have changed got licence in 67 at local police station ,did paper work and was told to drive around block ,sitting in car waiting for officer he comes over and wants to know why i'm waiting ,asks are you coming he replied with a idiot like you no so of around block and stops he come around to drivers side as i open door and said Wat did you hit ,nothing ,then goes crook about not putting hand brake on ,come and get licence.
He had one rule no honing in side town Boundary out side of town he mostly looked the other other way but in town if he didn't catch you he would park over driveway at the time you got home from work for up to 5 days as warning knowing the old man would also see him and want to know why,we lived in a quite town.
Peter

More
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #114955 by Bobsboy
I go for the motor bike licence first idea too.
It made me a better car driver right out the blocks.

Taxi's gave me lots of practice.

But, two years in a 6t 8 pallet local PUD really gave me the real tip.

Give way to all trucks, give all trucks all of the road, do not drive beside trucks, do not stop in front of trucks, do not turn with trucks and, if you can not do any of the above,
Get Out of the Way .

Works for me.

On the open road of course, Get Out of the Way is rule one.

-b

P.S. Trust no one fits in there somewhere too.

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by Bobsboy.

More
11 years 4 days ago #114956 by Dig a ditch
G'day

I got my road train license in December last year and I'm sure one of the questions said it was ok to cross double lines provided it was a property entrance, might go find the book again.

Was chatting with someone the other day about the passing thing and they do te same as I do but he also said. You can be booked for doing it. That was food for thought.

Cheers

No school like the old school!

More
10 years 11 months ago #114957 by oldron

I Don't Know about anyone else but I'm getting really annoyed with the stupidity of car drivers when I'm coming home from events in my 60 plus year old historic vehicle that doesn't go much faster 80km/h, its really making me uncomfortable about going out, I know I should not let it
worry me but.

if you reckon you got proplems , i ride a motor bike

Why be ordinary when you can be extraordinary

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds