Skip to main content

Projects / Collections worthy of inspection.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118218 by gilly
As a couple of us Geelong guys are keen to enjoy a country run in our old machines every now & again, an idea has come to mind.
A question has been asked, how many people out there are in the middle of a project that may require a little bit of encouragement, advice.
If we posted a planned run of a small group of say, half a dozen vehicles to Hamilton, it would be interesting to call in under invitation to view a project in progress.

As we come from various trades, & backgrounds, the depth of knowledge & expertise can not be found in any manual, & it would be a great morale booster in some cases to someone who may be struggling with their project.

If a couple of us blokes decided to take a trial run to---
Central Vic---in August, we will bring the coffee, billy, & biscuits, who would open the door of their shed for a sneak preview of a project under way, or a little private collection that they would like to show??

Send Chocs or myself an email if this is of any interest.
Gilly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118219 by Sarge
If August & Run and Central Victoria are all said in the one sentance, the person so speaking should have a think about the Federation all breeds Picnic at Marong on the Sunday, ...... So, a Saturdee arvo visit in the same part of the world could be a good thing.... wonder if someone would be interested in opening a gate for interested blokes...

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118220 by Mrsmackpaul
bugger me thats a nice offer gilly spewing I dont live down your way not that I have much on the go at the moment still I think it's a very nice offer 8-) Paul
You blokes dont fancy a drive up to north QLD to a tropical island someone might no how to tackel putting this new roof on mrsmack ;D

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118221 by Chocs
After the bloody frost this mornin...
It wont take too much twisting to get us up in the warm country Paul!

Ay Gilly have we sort of thought, like, kinda like, heading off on an all states, all ports of call sort of thing?
I'm just thinking i could trade the unfinished ol Dodge i have here for 50 or 60 gallons of fuel...
That would get a few of us somewhat distanced toward somewhere :-/
Then......we could get a plan happening.... :D

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118222 by Chocs
So what about you Quinslnd fellas....
Does someone up there know how to, somewhere near correctly, bang a roof on an Ol Dog?..

Could be the start of a run for you blokes..
I am sure there are plenty of us out here that could do with a 'hand up' sometimes..

What about it....the seed has been planted..it wont grow without water....

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #118223 by Bobsboy
Speekin az a perfeshunal Community Support Worker, wut euw giz iz takin bout is called "Community Development".

Good work.
Keep thinking,
-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
10 years 11 months ago #118224 by Slasha
Bobsboy
It is also called networking ;)
and a good excuse to go for a drive 8-)
Keep up the good work Gilly and Chocs.

Looking forward to hearing about any visits/road trips/restos 8-)

Slasha

1974 White Road Boss

More
10 years 11 months ago #118225 by QLD Road Boss
Gidday Fellas,
Great Idea Gilly n Chocs, I'm in Qld but I can't help Paul I've a mate that would be able too only he is as busy as a bush fly on a cow pat.... I think that it is a great idea and could be really good for all to get out and have a look at what others are doing, make suggestions on ways to overcome the hold up etc.... I'm not qualified at much but I will help where ever I can. I have been to the university of hard knocks probably like most... Good luck hope it goes well... Neil. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 11 months ago #118226 by Backyard Fixer
All welcome at my house. I've got lots of modern trucks of interest. I,ve got the only 2006 4300 left hook Inter in OZ.
Just 4 hours away.

Hard working Christian father of three.&&1964 AP5 Valiant restored daily driver.&&19

More
10 years 11 months ago #118227 by gilly
Hi, we have you on our radar, just saving up some fuel money, the ol Dodge is sucking out some $$$ at the moment.
Could be as soon as August if we do a run to the border.
Gilly

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds