Skip to main content

Volvo G88 dress up!

More
10 years 8 months ago #121160 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Volvo G88 dress up!
These two are NOT "flash" Volvos by any means, but thought I'd put it up anyway! They were a ripper truck in their day i reckon. Be great to see one done up, they are scarce.

[IMG

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #121161 by classic truckin
Cheers for the photos Prodrive, maybe not "flash", but certainly straight, look to be free of rust and definately worthy of someones time :)

He does seem to have quite a fetish for the reflective tape............... :D

If time and money were plentiful

More
10 years 8 months ago #121162 by classic truckin
You about there Giddy?

Yeah I think the F12 would be in the very last of the line, had a few tell me they weren't even built in '94 but it's on the compliance plate.....

Hoping I have made a good decision :-/, had many people look at me blankly when I say i'm buying a 19 year old Volvo :o, but the people I have spoken to that ran them seem to swear by them and I guess that's what counts.....

I intentionally wanted to stay pre electronic and age doesn't weigh into it much if parts availability is ok, it suits the self servicing, work and conditions for us. Also it's a one owner with under 500,000km's genuine km's on the clock and a full service history, again I could have got a newer truck but with lots more k's and a harder to trace service record.

Yet another Volvo to unleash the purple on and dress up a little 8-)

I'm gonna be an expert by the end of this or bloody sick of it at least!

More
10 years 8 months ago #121163 by waynestr
Replied by waynestr on topic Re: Volvo G88 dress up!
Are they reflectors, or is it a crash test dummy?

More
10 years 8 months ago #121164 by indianman
Replied by indianman on topic Re: Volvo G88 dress up!
G'day CT the 12s where a good honest old girl I used to look after a fleet of 10s and 12s in the early 90s for telecom (as they where then) and they never give me much trouble at all. the only thing I used to keep for them special was the fuel pump drive shims and bolts/nuts/sleeves not what you would call a common fault but just a handy thing to have.

Remember that they both used to hold near 40 lts eng oil and can't remember which was the good one to fill, one you could pour straight in the top the otheryou had to pump in and at 16 strokes to the litre ::) ::)

Jon

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #121165 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Volvo G88 dress up!
Last chassis No for the F12 was in 1992 ; 594459, from the chart seems there was a bit of chopping and changing with engine spec at the end.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by mammoth.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #121166 by Giddy up Go
Replied by Giddy up Go on topic Re: Volvo G88 dress up!
Gotcha go, CT. Been out of the cab for a while ;)
Mate, that F12 sounds like a good purchase and will be a good stablemate for the '88 :) Those 408's were a good thing!
Be careful with the 'purple' cobber, as the label says "the results are addictive" :) :)
Over...

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Giddy up Go.

More
10 years 8 months ago #121167 by classic truckin
Thanks for the info fellas, I think the F12 will serve us well ;)

Guess the next post will be when I get the '88 or F12 in the shed. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds