Skip to main content

Side Loader Buses

More
14 years 8 months ago #12344 by bigcam
Side Loader Buses was created by bigcam
My Grandfather had a Bus company that origonally ran from Brisbane to Goondiwindi.The Government came up with a licsensing scheme and another company got the run,so they then ran fron Brisbane to Tamworth,which was interstate,and didn`t require a licsense.Anyway,when they kicked off,they used side loader Inter`s,which where popular at the time.One of these pics is the second Denning Bus body built,the first was built for Glanvilles,another Bus company that my father bought in the early/mid 70`s.Anyway,hers some pics.-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #12345 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Side Loader Buses

BIG C
GuddayM8

Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

also Gr8 bit of history

Wot B the Blu one n the one under it
?? Dodge Fargo??

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #12346 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Side Loader Buses
Those 2 are one and the same,after a Dulux reco into fleet colours.It`s a DeSota,I`ve got a Fargo I think I`ll have to have a look.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12347 by bigcam
Here`s a couple more,including one from Gladstone,My old man had the Bus service there briefly in the late 70`s,check out the Knocker semi trailer

More
14 years 8 months ago #12348 by bigcam
A couple more,My Grandfather also had this Inter,I remember him telling me that if the drivers got sick of the Buses,he could put them in the truck for a week or two.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12349 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Side Loader Buses
Hey Big Cam, that Commer is actually a petrol and I looked at an identical one in Gunnedah for sale some years back. A local Gunnedah bloke bought it and it is now for sale again. It still had the bus trailer on it but some one had taken the body apart...............I wonder if it's the one ::) ::) ::)

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 8 months ago #12350 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: Side Loader Buses
Great pics. I like that blue K series Inter. I'm a bit of a fan of the K series. ;)

Dennis

More
14 years 8 months ago #12351 by bigcam
There was a few of those Semi Trailer buses about,it`s a pity the`re gone.I would have thought that when the truck wore out they would have put another prime mover in front of them.

Hey Big Cam, that Commer is actually a petrol and I looked at an identical one in Gunnedah for sale some years back. A local Gunnedah bloke bought it and it is now for sale again. It still had the bus trailer on it but some one had taken the body apart...............I wonder if it's the one ::) ::) ::)

More
14 years 8 months ago #12352 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Side Loader Buses
I saw photos of the bus in question being operated in the Newcastle area around 1970, owned by a private operator. It is the model before the knocker (same as the one in your photo) and as many as were operating, it is the only one I've seen being pulled by a Commer. I'll try and download a photo of it.

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 8 months ago #12353 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Side Loader Buses
great pics cam, i have never seen a side loader bus before. would be good if someone got hold of one and restored it. would be something different.

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds