Skip to main content

What I found when I moved house

More
14 years 8 months ago #12357 by IHScout
I found these picture which I had been looking for for a long time. These are trucks I drove before I got a "real job" about 25 years ago.

This Inter had a 4 cylinder 2 stroke UD with a 10 slot road ranger. It was an ex IPEC overniter and had a 20 foot aluminum pan on it when Bulla bought it. I drove it on the Bendigo, Echuca, Albury run. Last time I saw it, it was fitted with a tray and doing local work for an owner driver.

The UD replaced the Inter. Don't remember much about it except it was quieter and more comfy than the Inter.

I gave up my comfy UD to drive this old 1418 on interstate duties. Mostly to Adelaide. It was sub-contracted to Holdsworth & Quigley and belonged to their yard manager, Bob Freeman. I tossed it in after about 5 months when I figured out I'm not the type to be able to stay awake 20 hours at a stretch and if I kept driving I'd end up six feet under wearing a tree imprint on my forehead. :( :(. I loved the Benz. Not a fast truck, but got along alright and had a good driving position.

Dennis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12358 by bigcam
Hi Dennis,nice pics,I remember UD 4`s in some of the buses my family had,they had a whistle in them every time you changed gears,I don`t know if it was just the way the air cleaners where set up.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12359 by Sarge
Dennis,
I am very... note VERY... Disappointed, where's the pic's of BULLA' S mighty Bedford fleet..... >:(

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds