Skip to main content

International harvester 1730c info

More
14 years 8 months ago #12362 by newbie dave
Hi all,

New to the forum,so gday.I have just purchased a 1981 model (compliance plated) Inter ACCO 1730c tipper (5 or 6 tonne).To be honest,I have no idea what kind of motor it has,other than I think its a perkins diesel 6cyl.I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these trucks,as I dont.I would at least like to know what model the motor may be,and where is the best place to get spares for old inters may be etc.Any info on these trucks at all would be appreciated.I am also after a owners maual,and a workshop manual if anyone knows where to obtain such items (though I think it would be unlikely to be able to get them these days).So thanks in advance to any replies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #12363 by
G'day,
Welcome to the forum.

There are quite a few people on here that can help you identify the engine in your ACCO. I guess taking a photo, or describing the beast might be a good place to start. The engine number is probably also a good indicator (from the motor itself, not the compliance plate - as it might have been repowered)

As for spares, there are plenty of ACCOS around still in wrecking yards or slowly rusting away in the corner of a depot somewhere. So as a rule you should be able to find most stuff.. Iveco/IH still stock some items brand new (at a price) and other places like Wagga Truck and Tractor seem to have a bit of gear for them - like king pin kits, tie rod ends, engine mounts, mudflaps, key/locks etc...

I'd try Ebay or swap meets for an owners manual or workshop manual.. They do turn up from time to time. You can still buy them new from Iveco (but who knows at what cost!)... I have a workshop manual, so if you need to know something specific I can scan the pages for you.

I'd like to see some photos if you have any :)

Regards
Stuart

More
14 years 8 months ago #12364 by IHScout
Wheels of time second hand motoring books in Dandenong Vic have few Acco books. Worth giving them a call.

Dennis

More
14 years 8 months ago #12365 by newbie dave
Stuart,

Will post some photos soon.Hopefully someone will be able to give me some info by looking at pics of the motor etc.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12366 by kennymopar2
you shouldnt need many mechanical parts for a perkins or neuss 6 cyl powered acco ( the motors dont make enough power to damage components) ..but on a more serious note ..central coast truck parts stock heaps of stuff for inters

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds