Skip to main content

71 Wissconsin ......

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #12373 by sidey
71 Wissconsin ...... was created by sidey
Just scanning a few photos that i had taken with the old box brownie a few years ago , the first one is a TD25 Inter dozer on the back of a flat-top( the blade and rippers up on the drive ) the old man had custom built by Loadmaster in 78-9 , it was going to Daly Waters in the territory from Adelaide , this was in 79, the second is a couple of Steigers we took out of Adelaide to the Henty field days this was around the same time if i remember right ...The old jigger is a 1971 Wissconsin with a Cummins 250 & 13 spd Bushranger, we purchased it from ESSO for around $18K ,so when we got it it had the wheel base of your average family sedan...I kid you not....the old man pushed it around and up and down Australia for 18 mths before he could afford to stretch it and put on the bunk....

[IMG
[IMG

Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sidey.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12374 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 71 Wissconsin ......
Nice pics Sidey

More
14 years 8 months ago #12375 by sidey
Replied by sidey on topic Re: 71 Wissconsin ......
just gotta work out how to make the buggers bigga............. :-?

More
14 years 8 months ago #12376 by bigcam
I use a program called Photo Elf,you can have a free trial,if you go into edit you can resize and compress.I usually set them on 800w X 600h and somewhere around 80kb so they upload pretty quick.The other easy way of doing it is to E mail them to yourself,when it gives the options of origonal size,or small,click more options and select large,and that will resize and compress them too.Do that before you upload them to the bucket,and they`ll come out allright.Either that or wait till Swishy has a look and he might sort them for you.LOL

More
14 years 8 months ago #12377 by sidey
And i'm thinkin the old Dodge i'm doing up was brand new when i took these photos of the oldW model....Crikey

More
14 years 8 months ago #12378 by bigcam
Have you had the urge to find a W model?

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #12379 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 71 Wissconsin ......

Sid
GuddayM8

Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

RE:the pic of the TD25
U certanly got a bit of tucker on the sem eye
TD25 Dozer tiz bout 38ton for memory
n the height bout 18'
but we wont mention th@ as its jist a minor mistameener
LOL
Twaz the KW a fully imported beast
cos in 71 twaz the year KW commenced make n here

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 8 months ago #12380 by sidey
Gidday Swishy ....Yeah it was an imported job ,, but that was well before we got it ......The old man had that trailer custom built with bigger cross members and a lot more than u would usually have ... from memory i think we used to tare at about 22t ......Did actually get to see a whole lot of dirt roads if you know what i mean....... ;)Wont start tellin stories about weight cause a lot of people wouldnt believe me.........

More
14 years 8 months ago #12381 by sidey
Gidday BC ,didnt really have any aspirations of restoring the old dodge cept me old mate said he didnt think he would ever do anything with it so i put up me hand and ended up with a whole lot of work ....But hey its been good doing it even if i havnt had a shed to do it in..........Looking for a 40-45 ft . bogie dry van now and going to turn it in to a mobile home........Would of LOVED it to be an old Woblie model but its what i got .....

More
14 years 8 months ago #12382 by bigcam
Hi Sidey,there`s plenty of dry vans around cheap,keep in mind if you get one over 30 years old you can put them on the club plates,only a couple of hundred a year if that,and 1 RWC when you register it.The last couple of years I`ve seen a few ex Pauls aluminium Frieghter trailers around.There is plenty of ex IPEC (I Pass Every Count) about.If your keen I`ll let you know if I see one.This pic is of a tilt tray I built for a bloke who ended up getting crook and they liquidated the bussiness,so it should be cool to put the pic up.Swishy will probobly know what a 320D wieghs,but I`m sure it could be a tad over on the steer and the drive.

::) ::) ::)

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds