Skip to main content

Inter with a sleeper cab.

More
9 years 6 months ago #150155 by oyamum
So guys iv bought a little c1600 inter I am curious if anyone has any pics of early inters with a sleeper cab? Iv seen some with later model oversized sleepers but they never seemed to blend in properly. I'm wondering what a small low roof period correct sleeper would look like?
Any pics would be great thanks fellas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #150156 by atkipete
There was no factory sleeper but there was a factory dual cab which might work quite well.

More
9 years 6 months ago #150157 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Inter with a sleeper cab.
Truckin Life had a sleeper on their little delivery truck.

Trust me

More
9 years 6 months ago #150158 by kenny-mopar
The early inters/dodges definatley needed a sleeper I can remember "sleeping" in them back in the day on the road,unless you could curl up like a echidna there was no chance of stretching out :o

More
9 years 6 months ago #150159 by olddon
tried sleeping in a 180 Inter one night near Gerogery and it was so cold that I got into my sleeping bag instead of just throwing it over me, and sometime during the night ,I rolled over and fell off the seat .You should try getting out of a sleeping bag when you are twisted around the gearstick and handbrake levers,also the PTO lever. It must have been hilarious to listen to !!!!!!

More
9 years 6 months ago #150160 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Inter with a sleeper cab.
I also experienced 180 sleeping? My Commer had flat 6' 6" seat right across for a normal full sleep but I hitched a ride Sydney to Melbourne in a 180 Inter. Two of us trying to sleep on a freezing night near Yass - was pretty miserable.

I have no idea how those narrow cab (Inter, Mack etc) and day cab centre engine hump blokes put up with it.

Lang

More
9 years 6 months ago #150161 by kenny-mopar

I also experienced 180 sleeping? My Commer had flat 6' 6" seat right across for a normal full sleep but I hitched a ride Sydney to Melbourne in a 180 Inter. Two of us trying to sleep on a freezing night near Yass - was pretty miserable.

I have no idea how those narrow cab (Inter, Mack etc) and day cab centre engine hump blokes put up with it.

Lang

Many times when it wasn't raining I'd just sleep beside the truck ... Made the mistake once (in a D series ford) sleeping beside the truck near Canberra it got to -7 that night :-?

More
9 years 6 months ago #150162 by Lang
A little low sleeper something like this would look good behind an Inter cab.

[IMG

More
9 years 6 months ago #150163 by atkipete
Wasn't it illegal to sleep in a cab that wasn't an official sleeper cab ?

More
9 years 6 months ago #150164 by Lang
I think the "approved sleeper" only referred to two-up drivers on the move. They did not care how uncomfortable you were way back then. Of course all that has been stopped and I just read my new logbook and now you can not sleep in a stationary truck for official rest unless it is an "approved sleeper"

Ref your suggestion of the twin cab I don't think you would gain anything because the cab is the same width. Suppose you could think outside the square with a double cab and have a single driver's seat and a passenger seat that folded forward flat to allow a fore and aft bed on the left side? Probably some rule about blocking the passenger door access in case the drivers side catches fire.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds