Skip to main content

Where is the thread

More
8 years 11 months ago #159562 by geoffb
Where is the thread was created by geoffb
The banter between Rex and Swishy has this been removed?
Because Cm what ever I would have thought that they would have used to promote their product
I really think some people should get a life and lighten up
This is Australia and thought take the mickey out of each over was part of the culture

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159563 by HARDSHAR
Replied by HARDSHAR on topic Re: Where is the thread
Hear hear.

I love pommy trucks and cars and I cop it all the time.
How to I handle it? I just go and buy another.

Come on lighten up a bit. I would have thought that the Volvo and Kenworth dealers would love people talking about their products.
Behind all the fun Rex and Swishy were pointing out all the good points of both makes and what is wrong with that?
I say bring it back. Well that's mine opinion anyway. Cheers Kevin.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159564 by Dodge fan
Replied by Dodge fan on topic Re: Where is the thread
Is this what we have become???
We can't even have a bit of a dig and take the p1ss out of each other without turning into sooks?
Time some people put there big boy pants back on and learned to have a bit of fun! :D
Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute

More
8 years 11 months ago #159565 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Where is the thread
Take it up with the committee - I got a call from them to lock the thread.

I made my opinion clear to the person that phoned me to ask me to lock it and again to another committee member at the Steam Rally on the weekend. The fact it had been let run implies what the moderators and I thought of it.

I notice the threads have now been deleted. I don't know any of the details behind that.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
8 years 11 months ago #159566 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Where is the thread
Well it looks like I will be giving up bacon and believing in a free Australia
Hope no one passes bad comments on my stuff while I am so sensitive otherwise we will have to seek legal advise

More
8 years 11 months ago #159567 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Where is the thread
Yeah I agree- personally I couldn't give a rats about either KW or Ovlov, and I wasn't really reading the threads much anyway, but surely the guys should be able to put up whatever they like, unless it is offensive?
And i have never seen any offence (either taken or given) from Rex or Swishy, both are bloody clever fellows with a wealth of info to offer- even if it is one eyed!
It's got me buggered why people just
DON'T READ IT!!!
if it's annoying you....
And even it isn't your scene, or you think it's a bit distasteful, so what? Just shut up and let it be..
The sum of the forum, and most importantly, the WORTH of the forum, is much more than the offence taken by an occaisional silly or annoying comment.
Sticks and stones, eh?
Cheers
Richard

More
8 years 11 months ago #159568 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: Where is the thread
Re all the above.

What a sad indictment on the way we have become the last couple of decades!

Heck, it was an accepted part of Oz culture to be able to take the mickey out of not only your mates but also yourself.

Like the opinions expressed above, if it offends you (and I for another saw absolutely NOTHING offensive about the thread), simply skip over it!

Unfortunately, this country is being undermined by minority groups who seem to have an agenda of stopping us being what we are. AUSTRALIANS!

OOPS! Just made a political statement, probably be castgated for that by the all poweful minority! Better get back out in the garage and resume tinkering before they take that away from us as well.

Cheers, Dave 64

More
8 years 11 months ago #159569 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Where is the thread
I find all this hard believe and even harder to believe that it could be a problem for Volvo or KW when they have 2 quite passionate people singing there praises thats free addvertising that money cant buy

I wonder was this a general committee thing or only one or two people that thought there might be a problem

Not much can be done about it now

Perhaps this a sign of political correctness gone wrong

Maybe we have forgotten that old saying if it aint broke dont fix it

Im sure if Volvo or KW had a problem they wouldnt hesitate in getting hold of the forum

Im on the Big Mack Truck forum and I made a comment about Maxi cube owning Fruehauf and I got it all ass about ????? the manager man from Maxicube Australia was on the forum in a matter of days to correct me ?????

have a look see for your self
www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/3...maxicube#entry252580

lots to think about

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 11 months ago #159570 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Where is the thread
See;

Event Chat
Re: Who is going to Penrith?
Reply #23 - 05.06.2015 at 20:50:00

"There wasn't a problem discussing European Trucks. The problem was with the continual running down of a make sold by a long term club sponsor by a couple of individuals

There was not a complaint by the sponsor but the committee directed the threads be locked.

Rex, you were defending the brand concerned and as far as I am concerned it was all light hearted banter and that is where I intend to leave it at the moment.

Let's all get out and enjoy our old trucks regardless of breed or size"

At least the Committee is reading the Forum now and will be able to see for themselves that we get it just about right 99% of the time.

just saying,

-b

Mucking about on the edge

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 11 months ago #159571 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Where is the thread
Jeezuz Browny

Me thinx U're a truble maker

;D