Skip to main content

Where is the thread

More
8 years 10 months ago #159572 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Where is the thread
Paul, You weren't all that wrong as Maxitrans started out by buying trailer companies such as Freighter so that they could use the brand name after closing the original business. As the horses mouth tells us that they built trailers branded as Fruehauf it is only natural to assume the same process was going on.

On the other front I feel that the committee could have paused for thought a bit longer, and if it was the prospect of a legal action that scared them it only takes a "we don't share these views" disclaimer (which should be up front anyway).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #159573 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Where is the thread

Paul, You weren't all that wrong as Maxitrans started out by buying trailer companies such as Freighter so that they could use the brand name after closing the original business. As the horses mouth tells us that they built trailers branded as Fruehauf it is only natural to assume the same process was going on.

On the other front I feel that the committee could have paused for thought a bit longer, and if it was the prospect of a legal action that scared them it only takes a "we don't share these views" disclaimer (which should be up front anyway).

Mammoth I only assumed Maxicube had come from Fruehauf because back when ever it was I phoned Fruehauf to order a new trailer and the fella on the other end of the phone answered Fruehauf and spoke Maxicube and that is what he told me had happened ??
so maybe I miss under stood him ???

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 10 months ago #159574 by rex
Replied by rex on topic Re: Where is the thread
Gentlemen.
Please settle down, if any of the 3 threads were still up you could read one of my posts. My only reason for stirring the pot, winding Swishy up, creating mischief, was to stop the negative direction the forum was heading in, God knows why I tried. But like the Mouse after the Cheese, never give up.
By the way Browny Toohey's New is b' good beer, you should try some, careful though, I have never been able to understand, how they could do such a good job out of a keg, then stuff it up when it comes from a bottle. Just the same Carlton can't put it in anything and get it right.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #159575 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Where is the thread
Well if this doesn't sow the seed for a great discussion Rex....

What's the best beer and why - should touch on a few sensitivities and scare the hell out of the committee! ;D

Go to the General Board......

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by jimbo51.

More
8 years 10 months ago #159576 by Debo
Replied by Debo on topic Re: Where is the thread
RE sponsor, I can fully understand :)
However it would have done wonders for everyone's mood or perception if a post and or comment was made to let everyone know what and why ;)

Debo ;)

More
8 years 10 months ago #159577 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Where is the thread
Reckon they wouldn't not have cared
Be laughing it
Sorry for Australia

More
8 years 10 months ago #159578 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Re: Where is the thread
That makes sense to me.

Sponsor the Forum and the Moderators will censor out any disparaging remarks/comments about your product.

Didn't Adolf run a Country like that?

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #159579 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Where is the thread

That makes sense to me.

Sponsor the Forum and the Moderators will censor out any disparaging remarks/comments about your product.

Didn't Adolf run a Country like that?

Fair Go,
Nothing to do with the Forum Admin/Moderators.

Re-read post 3 and 8.
Take it up with the Committee, it was their decision.
In the original Volvo/ Kenworth topic much the same information was provided (before it disappeared).

If your not an HCVC Member,
I suppose they are not under any moral, legal or even friendly obligation to justify their actions.
It is after all, their Forum - they pay for it.

Maybe it's something like "right or wrong, the boss is still the boss"? What can you do?

just saying.

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #159580 by wreckerpat
Replied by wreckerpat on topic Re: Where is the thread
Bloody pathetic, disappointing and sad to see Australia headed this way, is all I can say.... I can't see two major manufacturers getting all twisted up about a bit of light-hearted fun, ::)and the way things seem to be done behind closed doors doesn't help the general felling around here these days.... :'(
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by wreckerpat.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds