Skip to main content

Desperardo where a bouts

More
8 years 10 months ago #160622 by SmallyS2
Hi all, wondering if anyone knows if the Desperardo is still on the road or if it still exists. I remember seeing it go through Stratford Vic. several years ago on a regular basis headed East, then no more. At that stage it was painted tan and brown and possibly had chrome shutters on the sides of the bonnet, any photo's would also be good to see.
Cheers, Smally

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 10 months ago #160623 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Desperardo where a bouts

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 10 months ago #160624 by werkhorse
That's one of the Desperado's Ted .... I think he meant the W model KW.
On facebook recently I saw someone say that it was being restored

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
8 years 9 months ago #160625 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: Desperardo where a bouts
Have an idea Klos Bros have it BISTBC
Peter

More
8 years 9 months ago #160626 by werkhorse
Reckon your right Phred ;) 8-)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
8 years 9 months ago #160627 by SmallyS2
Thanks all,
hope it gets restored as it was that was one tuff looking truck, would anyone have photo's of the KW when it was brown and tan?
Smally

More
8 years 9 months ago #160628 by Cunning Stunt
The first Desperado has gone to the heavens (that's the Road Boss) But the 2nd one, the W Model is still alive. It went through 6 colour changes/rebuilds, the final being the brown and tan. When John and Tracey sold it, the trailer and truck went seperate ways. But a collector has it and it's parked in Klos's yard awaiting a makeover. The original matching trailer has just surfaced and I have heard that the current owner of the W has bought it so they are back together. It'll be brillian to see it back on the road

Some play hard to get

More
8 years 9 months ago #160629 by SmallyS2
Great feedback, hopefully the KW will get back on the road some day ( in brown and tan ) shame the road boss has gone to the heavens. Thanks everyone, Smally

More
8 years 9 months ago #160630 by Ryan
Replied by Ryan on topic Re: Desperardo where a bouts
"Despo" was purchased some time ago by a friend of mine and the Klos'. It sits at their yard awaiting him to get the rebuild underway. this is no way going to be a small 'fixup' it's going to take a lot of cash and time to rebuild as time has taken its toll.
The trailer was bought by another guy and he will not let it go, so the owner of the truck bought a fridge van with belly boxes to simulate the look.

More
8 years 9 months ago #160631 by Cunning Stunt
Thanks for the update Ryan, I'm disappointed that the original trailer couldn't be matched up. Everyone has their opinions on how it should be restored - to what style and scheme (especially the opinions on facebook!!) but I simply think that the fact it is going to be resurrected will be a great thing in itself. Looking forward to the end result 8-)

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds