Skip to main content

Twin gas research

More
8 years 10 months ago #160697 by Hemi74
Replied by Hemi74 on topic Re: Twin gas research
To tell the truth haven't thought about retro fit injection , do the late model injection inlet manifold fit onto a 318 LA engine??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160698 by Hemi74
Bye thanks gilly for the detailed info , I'm in broadford vic so LPG is around the same price as you gilly

More
8 years 10 months ago #160699 by Hemi74
I heard a lot of good talk about the gas research system and I think 1 carb is around 300-350 cmf basically 1 carb so prob not enough , the engine is a bit more then mildly worked. And you can buy jet kits to tune these carbs perfectly, aparrently....

More
8 years 10 months ago #160700 by Hemi74
Here is picture of gas research twin set up
Minus converters etc etc
i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/bwtrench...CCB3_zpsvd5kwtth.jpg

More
8 years 10 months ago #160701 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Re: Twin gas research

I read comments with interest. I have been playing with LPG for nearly 30 yrs, yes some systems leave a lot to be desired, & that applies to some technicians fitting up the rocket as well. A fine example of an engine that performs well on the bbq ring as we call it, is the Ford dedicated engine, correct compression ratio, cam overlap etc.
The old Impco 425 mixer will feed most applications, & you will be able to draw a huge amount of vapour through a Impco E convertor.
My experience with gas powered engines, even today, NO ONE will utilise a 5 gas exhaust gas analyser to determine an engines combustion efficiency. Yes there are oxygen sensor type Air Fuel ratio meters, however, they do not give you the true picture of what is happening in the combustion chamber.
The price of LPG in your area will determine if it is worthwhile or not. I noticed the price in Geelong yesterday was 50.5 a litre, petrol a 1.35. Let you do the sums, if on average, an engine on impco system, if running correctly, will consume approx. 10% more, if running correctly, tuned properly etc.
Happy to help advise if required.
Gilly

I take it from your explanation Gilly that this is the reason Falcons were popular as taxis? Best car to do big K's on gas?

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds