Skip to main content

Hi Everyone

More
14 years 6 months ago #16830 by Hotmagic
Hi Everyone was created by Hotmagic
Heya everybody, just a quick message to say hi and put up a couple of pics of my wife's and my projects.The 1st 2 are of our Austin truck, as we found it and where we're up too in Resto.

These pics are of our latest toy, a 1949 Fordson Thames, bought it 3 days ago at a clearing sale.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16831 by
Replied by on topic Re: Hi Everyone
Gidday, Hotmagic - Welcome to the forum. It looks like you've got plenty of work in front of you there, with the Austin, the Thames, and the AS-120 as well! The current stage of work looks good! I guess, starting on Austins is a good thing! .. you can work your way up to a Mack, once you've got your hand in! .. :D

More
14 years 6 months ago #16832 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Hi Everyone
Well done mate,I like the Thames as well,is it going to stay origonal?and are we going to see any of these machines at Allora in January?

More
14 years 6 months ago #16833 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Hi Everyone
nice work mr and mrs hotmagic, the colour looks good well done. :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #16834 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Hi Everyone
Nice work, Hotmagic, and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16835 by Hotmagic
Replied by Hotmagic on topic Re: Hi Everyone
Thankyou for the welcome posts. The Thames is very clean with only a couple of small spots of rust and some minor dents, should have it running within a day or 2. We plan on keeping it pretty close to original, it wont get the full treatment for a bit as we need a driveable truck fairly quickly. We're going to get it driveable and use it on a permit when needed while we continue on the Austin. The inter cab on the back is not one of our projects, just happened to pick it up cheap at the same clearing sale, going to sell it to help with finances :D If all goes well we may be able to take the Thames to Allora, if not we'll likely turn up there anyway.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Hotmagic.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16836 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Hi Everyone
Hi Hotmagic, they look like a good pair of trucks you've got there. Has the Thames got a side-valve V8 petrol or a 4-cylinder diesel engine?

Strangely enough, I passed my Heavy Traffic licence test in the same model Austin as yours in 1957, and got my Heavy Trailer licence a few months later in a Thames like that, with the V8 petrol engine. Best wishes with the restorations.

Vic

More
14 years 6 months ago #16837 by Hotmagic
Replied by Hotmagic on topic Re: Hi Everyone
The Thames has a 21 stud flathead V8, i fired it up at 4 this arvy, runs very sweet for a motor thats been sitting for an unknown amount of time. Cleaned the starter and points, bit of fresh fuel down the carby and woohoo 8-)

More
14 years 6 months ago #16838 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Hi Everyone
That's good, Hotmagic; a real classic Ford engine!

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds